style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I received a payment demand for 2 parking tickets dating back to March '08...but thats another post......

Brisyow and sutor are handling this now.

I believe they have broken Data protection laws.

The wrote to my next door neighbour recently stating they were anxious to get in touch with me.

In this letter they revealed my name and address and asked my neigbour to complete a form revealing info such as landlord, estate agents if my house was recently sold, my telephone number and details of my

employer!

I don't even know why they are contacting my neighbour. They have certainly never made any further attemps to contact me since that letter.

That letter was the first I'd heard about these parking tickets since March '08 when they were issued and now they have stuck all sorts of charges on to them!!

Anyway, back to my original query.

Have they broken the law by revealing what i consider 'sensitive information' to my neighbour?

Now my neighbour knows I have debt...as everyone knows who Brisow and Sutor are and they know my name!

Thanks peeps :-)

I had a similar problem, but yours is worse in that they wrote to your neighbour, which I believe is unforgiveable.

I got a Notice of distress letter saying you have 5 days or we will levy goods below.

I called them to say you have levied on a vehicle of a neighbour. 3 days later they wrote a very weird letter addressed to occupier at my address, stating that they were looking for me and asking how long the new occupier had lived here. Where did I move to. How much the house was sold for? etc etc.... and named the account number and the amount outstanding. WHen I put this in writing to go before a judge, the company claims this was not a breach in data protection as this was a standard letter they send out to find information. I think it is unbelievable what these companies think they can get away with - really think they are a law unto themselves!

That is shocking also! Did you ever write to the judge?

CAn they actually find out who is the owner of a vehicle? Now i'm concerned they can find out the car outside my house is mine!

I hope you got it all sorted!

You must be furious! Bailiffs just a breed of their own and those on the end of the phones not much better!

Aw, i hope u get it all sorted!!

My ex registered his old car to my name without telling me.....got me loads of parking fines all over london..i wrote to dvla to say car is not mine and they removed my name fro records.....i have bailiffs calling...i've even provided evidence to say prove my case....they are just not listening and telling me to pay up! I'll be really annoyed if they take my car all thanks to my stupid ex!!