• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Landy v Direct Line PPI **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Offer letter arrived at last from FOS yesterday, so signed it and rushed off down to PO to post off recorded mail, hope the FOS don't take as long to get it to RBS!

Dec x

About time too Dec :rolleyes:

In the end mine arrived about a month before the predicted FOS deadline, so with any luck yours will do too...........still keeping everything crossed for you - getting severe cramp now though!

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Landy

Hope all is well with you. I have to tell you my tales of woe with the FOS. FOS received my acceptance form on Tues 6 July. It was only sent to the RBS on Mon 19th July. RBS didn't receive it but were very helpful and said to ask the Adjudicator to contact them to arrange to e-mail or fax it. I spoke to Adjuidcator who said we must wait and follow procedures.

On the 26th the Adjudicator said she posted a second copy. She said that they did not e-mail or fax. RBS said they did where letters had gone missing but this Adjudicator was having none of it and said her manager agreed with her. I rang RBS on Fri 30th July, still no letter has arrived at RBS,

I sent an e-mail to the FOS on Fri afternoon to ask them please to e-mail the acceptance letter and if they can't authorise it to tell me the name of someone who can. No response, of course. I will ring RBS tomorrow and then back to the FOS.

From the FOS writing to RBS in April, it has taken over 3 mths to get my acceptance letter and have it sent on to the RBS and it's still not there!

Guess the cheque will come when I really need it which i thought was now!

Decx

Hi Landy

Hope all is well with you. I have to tell you my tales of woe with the FOS. FOS received my acceptance form on Tues 6 July. It was only sent to the RBS on Mon 19th July. RBS didn't receive it but were very helpful and said to ask the Adjudicator to contact them to arrange to e-mail or fax it. I spoke to Adjuidcator who said we must wait and follow procedures.

On the 26th the Adjudicator said she posted a second copy. She said that they did not e-mail or fax. RBS said they did where letters had gone missing but this Adjudicator was having none of it and said her manager agreed with her. I rang RBS on Fri 30th July, still no letter has arrived at RBS,

I sent an e-mail to the FOS on Fri afternoon to ask them please to e-mail the acceptance letter and if they can't authorise it to tell me the name of someone who can. No response, of course. I will ring RBS tomorrow and then back to the FOS.

From the FOS writing to RBS in April, it has taken over 3 mths to get my acceptance letter and have it sent on to the RBS and it's still not there!

Guess the cheque will come when I really need it which i thought was now!

Decx

Hi Dec:)

Yes, I'm fine thanks - hope you are too - apart from this bad news, that is.

Gosh - I'm really very sorry to hear that you are still getting the run around from the FOS/RBS over this...............that's terrible!

I can't believe that they're unable to email or fax the acceptance letter - that seems ridiculous and totally unprofessional!

The only good thing is that by the time they get their act together you should get a bit more interest, but that's no consolation now if you could do with the money.

I'm rapidly losing all faith in the FOS to be honest - I myself am trying to get them to offer me guidance on how long I should allow another company (Norton) to come up with refund settlement figures - it was the FOS who said that the 12 weeks they have already had and are claiming is not long enough should be extended - yet the FOS won't actually stipulate how much time is reasonable or acceptable..............

Words fail me about them, they really do - I thought their job was to help the consumer, not assist the banks etc to delay paying back what they owe us :eek:

I know I keep saying this and it's no comfort you, but I really hope you get it sorted very soon. You will just have to keep on keeping on at them - RBS and the FOS!

I think somewhere Pompeyfaith had a thread going regarding making a complaint about the level and quality of service one had received from the FOS - not sure where it is right now - which might be worth having a look at...............probably best to wait till your complaint is completed though or it might delay matters even further!

Take care and hope you get better news very soon,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Thanks for your support, Landy, always makes things look a bit rosier and as the saying goes, a problem shared is a problem halved.

Good news, a letter dated 27 July arrived at RBS yesterday, posted 29 July. Bloke at RBS was very nice and said he personally took it over to the calculations team to prevent any further delays. He said the cheque should be with me in 4 weeks.

Everything crossed nothing else goes wonky!!

Take care and keep well!

Dec x

Thanks for your support, Landy, always makes things look a bit rosier and as the saying goes, a problem shared is a problem halved.

Good news, a letter dated 27 July arrived at RBS yesterday, posted 29 July. Bloke at RBS was very nice and said he personally took it over to the calculations team to prevent any further delays. He said the cheque should be with me in 4 weeks.

Everything crossed nothing else goes wonky!!

Take care and keep well!

Dec x

That's what friends are for Dec :D

Let's hope they keep to their word - I can't see why there should be any more hold ups so hopefully you're on the home straight now!

Looking forward to hearing your good news.

Take care,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I am just about start a claim against direct line for mis-selling ppi (its actully for my sister in law). I have never done this before but I do a little bit of general advice work and feel I have nearly grasped what is required. Your thread was really informative but I was hoping you could check a few things for me. The story is as follows:

She took out a loan with DL in 2002 (she cant remember the exact amount or if she took out PPI). In September 2005 she still owed £3500 and cleared this by taking out a loan of £5000 with PPI (single premium). She has a copy of the second agreement but not the first. She was employed but had serious mental health issues during this time (had a nervous breakdown). The debt is now with a DCA and she has had a repayment plan going with them for a few years now. They have just sent out an income and expenditure sheet for completion.

I have drawn up a letter of complaint outlining why i feel the PPI was mis-sold and I have also requested a copy of the CCA for the initial loan. Thanks to reading your thread I now will send it too the correct address - I was just about to send it to Solihull :-).

I have some questions:

1. When is it better to send a SAR and not a CCA?

2. Is the fact that the debt will be 5yrs old on the 20th of September significant in regards that the PPI policies, as far as I understand, only cover 5 years.

3. Becuase of the question of the selling of the PPI at the time of the agreement should I put the account into dispute and hold payment or not?

4. Do I make the £1 cheque paybable to RBS or Direct line?

5. And would I send a SAR to the same address or not?

Many thanks

Martin

Edited by alfied