• Tweets

• I don't think I've ever seen someone appeal a mags court decision on fare evasion, JK, but as you say in this case TiredDodo has pleaded guilty. It is possible to challenge, as below. HB Appeal a magistrates’ court decision: Overview - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to challenge a decision by a magistrates' court. Including how to get a fine reviewed, if you did not know about your case, how to appeal to the...  
    • Update! I have now opened the mail from Barclaycard. I am assuming that their letters were prompted by my confirmation to them of my change of address, which I had advised them of twice. They are treating my change of address notification as a "General Data Protection Regulation Right of Access Request"  and state that I have made a "Right of Access Request. They are asking me to provide valid indentity documents! I have made no such request and am minded to ignore their request for extra information? I should add that their letters were sent to my correct current address!
    • Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Landy v Direct Line PPI **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone:)

I am just about to start yet another PPI claim for a very old settled Direct Line loan. This was taken out in 1999 and settled before the 5 year term was up in 2002.

At the time of taking it out Mr L and I were advised that because we didn't own a property at that time (we were temporarily living in a property owned by my parents) we were not a good security risk so we would have to take out the PPI.

The thing I need to check is the address for sending the prelim. I understand it needs to go to RBS - the address I have is -

Royal Bank of Scotland

Customer Relations

Customer Central Support

First Floor

The Forthstone

56 South Gyle Crescent

Edinburgh

EH12 9LE

Can anyone confirm whether this is correct please:)

Many thanks,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

I have sent all my claims to this address below (the office was set up specifically to deal with all PPI claims under the RBS umbrella ie RBS, Natwest, Direct Line & Lombard Direct:

RBS PPI Customer Services Team

5th Floor

1 Hardman Boulevard

Manchester

M3 3AQ

Good luck, hope you get sorted soon. RBS do take their time, normally past the 8 week period allowed by the FOS but they do keep you up to date by letter.

Hi dec22:)

Many thanks for the address - most helpful!

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Hiya Landy,

Fire away:D

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi PF, if you're about:)

Carrying on from what I was saying on Tink's thread -

I was wrong - I have added contractual interest onto previous claims, what I meant to say was that when I first started doing these reclaims I used the excel PPI speadsheets rather than the compound interest calculator. I was then pointed in the direction of the same one Tink was using by the shadow, who apparently got it from noomill;)

What I hadn't been doing was adding the extra 8% on top as I mistakenly believed this only got added if/when it went to court and that at the initial stage you could only ask for one or the other but not both.

The last few I have done I have amended this error.

However this Direct Line one is the first Single Premium one I've tackled since (the others were credit cards).

The problem I have is that the upfront premium (£1354.55) when having had both compound interest (11.6%) and s69 interest added becomes a whopping £7498.65:eek:

The date of this premium was 1/12/99 so it is from rather a long time ago which does clock up rather a lot of interest, but it just seems too much!

Am I doing something wrong do you think?

Any help would be greatly appreciated PF, thank you:D

Regards,

Landy x

PS I take it there was no good news in the post today?

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Hiya Landy,

No i dont think you are wrong I too have one from march 1999 for £1,064.64 and that comes out at £6,128.67.

So on that basis as yours is some £300 higher id say it looks right to me.

If you want to supply the figures though i can work it out for you just to be sure.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Landy no news as yet and yes im now getting impatient lol

If nothing arrives in the morning i will phone the FOS to find out what the hold up is.

PF

Hiya Landy,

No i dont think you are wrong I too have one from march 1999 for £1,064.64 and that comes out at £6,128.67.

So on that basis as yours is some £300 higher id say it looks right to me.

If you want to supply the figures though i can work it out for you just to be sure.

Regards

Hi PF:)

Well as yours sounds similar I can't be wrong then - goodness DL/RBS are going to be in for a shock when they get my prelim:eek:

Don't worry about looking at the figures - thank you very much for the offer though - I used the same calculators as you and now you've confirmed that for me I'm sure it's fine!

Don't know how you're managing to sleep at night with the anticipation of what the postie will bring - hope it turns up tomorrow!

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Request for refund of mis-sold PPI now sent to RBS/Direct Line via RM recorded delivery.

Will update when a response is received.

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

good luck Landy with this and indeed all your claims PF

good luck Landy with this and indeed all your claims PF

Thank you for your good wishes - but more importantly have you heard anything yet?

The suspense is killing me, so god knows how you're coping:D

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update to say the the RBS PPI team have responded to my letter saying they hope to get a reply to me within 4 weeks etc etc......so another one off the starting blocks:D

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Thank you for your good wishes - but more importantly have you heard anything yet?

The suspense is killing me, so god knows how you're coping:D

Regards,

Landy x

I think the suspense is killing us all :D Perhaps we should take up a petition on PF's behalf, adivising the FOS/Co-op they will be responsible for a mass murder investigation if they dont get their finger out :rolleyes:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

lol im half dead already with the wait i tried the fone this morning got my self all pumped up from 7am waited 4 there fone to answer then the wife tells me its bank holiday DAMM

lol im half dead already with the wait i tried the fone this morning got my self all pumped up from 7am waited 4 there fone to answer then the wife tells me its bank holiday DAMM

Not until Monday it isnt ??... dont tell me they have the bliddy day off today as well ??

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think the suspense is killing us all :D Perhaps we should take up a petition on PF's behalf, adivising the FOS/Co-op they will be responsible for a mass murder investigation if they dont get their finger out :rolleyes:

Sounds like a great idea to me citB:D

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

PF it's really appalling that they're making you wait this long - are they really off today as well as monday though - blooming part-timers:confused:

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

thanks 4 that because i got no answer after 10 mins on the line my wife asumed it was a bank holiday i will try again PF

• 3 months later...

Just updating this thread -

Since sending my initial request for a PPI refund in August on this old long-settled loan I have had three replies back from the RBS PPI team. The last of these (in early October) said that as their investigations were taking longer than expected I could now take this complaint to the FOS. As I was juggling several other complaints (and have 6 already with the FOS:() I left this one on the back-burner for a while and thought that as RBS have played ball so far they would come back with a refund offer.....I know, I know - wishful thinking!

Having heard nothing by early November I sent a chasing letter (via recorded delivery of course), but have received no response, so today I am preparing copies of all paperwork to send to the FOS and will get the complaint off tomorrow. I was really hoping to get this one sorted without FOS intervention - and a cheque banked before Christmas.......probably be Christmas 2011 before its resolved now:(

Will update when further developments occur.

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Just updating this thread -

Since sending my initial request for a PPI refund in August on this old long-settled loan I have had three replies back from the RBS PPI team. The last of these (in early October) said that as their investigations were taking longer than expected I could now take this complaint to the FOS. As I was juggling several other complaints (and have 6 already with the FOS:() I left this one on the back-burner for a while and thought that as RBS have played ball so far they would come back with a refund offer.....I know, I know - wishful thinking!

Having heard nothing by early November I sent a chasing letter (via recorded delivery of course), but have received no response, so today I am preparing copies of all paperwork to send to the FOS and will get the complaint off tomorrow. I was really hoping to get this one sorted without FOS intervention - and a cheque banked before Christmas.......probably be Christmas 2011 before its resolved now:(

Will update when further developments occur.

Regards,

Landy x

I know it is better to keep everything in writing but have you tried rininging the number on the letter. The same thing happened with my husband's claim, they resolved one but forgot about the other two. We sent 2 letter to which there was no repsonse but following the telephone call, it was refunded within a month.

Worth a try and the send to the FOS. I have a settled Direct Line claim with the FOS, been there since Feb 2009, still waiting for an adjudicator.

Good luck, keep us posted.

I know it is better to keep everything in writing but have you tried rininging the number on the letter. The same thing happened with my husband's claim, they resolved one but forgot about the other two. We sent 2 letter to which there was no repsonse but following the telephone call, it was refunded within a month.

Worth a try and the send to the FOS. I have a settled Direct Line claim with the FOS, been there since Feb 2009, still waiting for an adjudicator.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Hi dec22:)

Thanks for your advice. I agree, usually it is best to have a paper trail, but I may just do as you suggest and give them a call tomorrow before sending our paperwork to the FOS - giving them one last chance to redeem themselves. I will of course insist that anything they say is confirmed in writing and will let you know how I get on!

Thanks again and good luck with yours too:D

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Well I called the RBS PPI team today and was told my complaint had been passed to someone further up the ladder - their version of an adjudicator. I was put through to him and he said he is just about to go through my file and will get a response out to me by the end of this week...........so I will give them the benefit of the doubt and hold fire with the FOS complaint until this is received.

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Well I called the RBS PPI team today and was told my complaint had been passed to someone further up the ladder - their version of an adjudicator. I was put through to him and he said he is just about to go through my file and will get a response out to me by the end of this week...........so I will give them the benefit of the doubt and hold fire with the FOS complaint until this is received.

Regards,

Landy x

Fingers crossed it is a positive response, sometimes a call gees them up a bit!!

Good luck!!

• 2 weeks later...

It's ten days today since I called the RBS PPI team and was assured they would get a reply to me regarding this claim by the end of the week (last week). I know the post is erratic at this time of year - we had no mail for three days this week, then an absolute deluge today - but they have had 4 months now to sort this out.

So I have copied all relevant docs, have the FOS complaint form in front of me now and will get it sent off tomorrow;)

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

It's ten days today since I called the RBS PPI team and was assured they would get a reply to me regarding this claim by the end of the week (last week). I know the post is erratic at this time of year - we had no mail for three days this week, then an absolute deluge today - but they have had 4 months now to sort this out.

So I have copied all relevant docs, have the FOS complaint form in front of me now and will get it sent off tomorrow;)

Regards,

Landy x

Hey Landy this was my fight with Direct line financial services now belonging to RBS there may be stuff in my thread that will help you. It is long 12 months worth but you will have some fun going through it :D

aa

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON*** - The Consumer Forums

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.