Can yo recover Baliff fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi new to the site, looking for some advice, recently got clamped by JBW Group who only located by car becasue they had one of those tracking devices. My boy friend had th car for the weekend so it was by him, about 7 miles from the registered address,.

the total bill was like £730, they said unless I paid it a tow truck would be on the way to remove it. so I paid it, but on looking at the breakdown of the costs, I was like baliff cost 209 Attendance to remove 290...... geeesssh Is aid surely these cant be justified fee amount. Anyway I was wondering,if I can claim back the fee for attendance to remove because you clearly didnt attendance to remove my vehicle, as you were in a completely different area, you just happended to be lucky, that my car was in the area the saem day/time that you were in attendance to remove another vehicle, so my thinking is that can they legaaly claim these fees even though it wasnt there intention to collect on my car that day, becasue otherwise they would have visited the registered address.

Any advice would be helpful

and what type of debt was this?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

there are set fees, you should check the charges against in case of 'mistakes'.. Is there a list of them in the Bailiff forum ?

well bailiff costs were 209 includes HPI (whatever that is)

attendance to remove 290.00

VAT on bailiffs costs 74.89

debt to client

the bailiffts are JBW Group

I have typed out a letter citing bits from the case of Anthony Culligan sept 2008

in there and from what ppl have said on this forum is that the vehicle once clamped was immobilised, and they gave me sufficient time to pay the debt this immobilisation could not be included in any cost of removal.

I havent sent if of yet was waiting for more feedback first to see whether or not there is anything else that can be included in the letter.

Did they take you to court, and obtain a county court judgement against you?

No and no,

I got a letter from TfL reminding of the outstanding fine, but as i didnt have the means to pay for it Ignored it, then forgot all about it until I my bf called to say JBW had clapmed the car outside his house.