ESA/NI contributions help??

mazbck
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help me please, Im at the end of my tether with the DWP.

I applied for ESA back in May 09, was told I didnt have enough NI contributions as it was contribution based. The year in question was 06/07 and I managed to track my P60 for that year and sent it to NI dept at HMRC in Newcastle, the year 07/08 was fine and I had enough contributions for that year. I called Jobcentre 2 weeks ago and was told that a payment was getting processed but there was no sign of it. Gave them a ring on Monday and was told they were waiting for my latest sicknote although the last one they had recieved hadnt run out yet. Went in yesterday with latest sicknote from doctor, and the guy in the jobcentre could not undertand why I hadnt been paid. He requested a call back to find out what had gone wrong.

About 30 minutes ago, they finally phoned to say I wasnt entitled to anything, as the years 07/08 were short!!:mad:

Bear in mind when I was first told there was a shortfall, I was only told that 06/07 had the shortfall(an ex-employer hadnt filed returns, he also didnt pay them)

So why now are they saying that the following year is short, when I know it isnt.

Ive jumped through every hoop they have given me, provided them with all the info they require(which isnt easy at times when you are ill), yet they seem to be stalling in paying out any money. Its now 12 weeks of money and counting.

Called the HMRC today and their computers are 'down'.

Whats my next step in regards to a complaint against the Jobcentre for issuing me with wrong information and telling me payments being processed when they werent?

Did you apply for contribution based ESA only or did you apply for both contribution based and income related ESA?

If it was the former, then you will have needed to have paid enough NI in both tax years 06/07 and 07/08 in order to be paid ESA©. If you claimed for the latter then you would also be assessed for ESA(IR).

ESA(IR) is awarded where the contribution conditions for ESA© are not met or where contribution conditions for ESA© are met but the amount of ESA(IR) entitlement is higher than that of ESA(IR), usually a claim for a couple. For ESA(IR) capital, savings, investments and ther income are taken into account, less certain disregards, this can affect the amount of ESA(IR) awarded.

If you only applied for ESA© at the time of claim, you can still apply for ESA(IR) by contacting the benefit delivery centre dealing with your claim, they will probably send you the ESA1 claim form for you to complete in respect of ESA(IR).

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

It was contribution based, and they are now saying I havent paid enough for 06/07, although they had previously said I had, I provided HMRC and DWP with my P60 for that year to prove I had.

After a call about 5pm last night, the advisor told me that 'New Claims' had mucked up my claim, and it had to go back to them.

Its like a comedy of errors on their behalf and is getting seriously ridiculous now, and leaving me really down hearted in the system.