Lowell Finance - What nasty people

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I answered the phone today and Lowell was on the other end, damanding i pay, and saying that i have six other catalouge debts - which i think i do. When i said i would be unable to pay, and that i was on JSA, i got a bit tetchy saying i didnt have a magic wand. I then asked for the agreements, and he said he would send out statements and that if they did that i would have to pay it in full. I was like, well ive offered to set up an arrangement to suit my income needs when ive seen the total of debt i owe, and he was like no, it does not work like that. The he said he was going to do a credit check and something else check something, so intimidating, but im ok.

I answered the phone today and Lowell was on the other end, demanding i pay, and saying that i have six other catalouge debts - which i think i do. When i said i would be unable to pay, and that i was on JSA, i got a bit tetchy saying i didnt have a magic wand. I then asked for the agreements, and he said he would send out statements and that if they did that i would have to pay it in full. I was like, well ive offered to set up an arrangement to suit my income needs when ive seen the total of debt i owe, and he was like no, it does not work like that. The he said he was going to do a credit check and something else check something, so intimidating, but im ok.

Hi Blackgloves

First thing is don't worry, you have come to the right place:D.

I too have had threats from lowlife [ Lowell] but try & read as much as you can on here & if your not sure about certain legal aspects then someone will point you in the right direction.

Someone with a good working knowledge will be along to offer you guidance on how to deal with them.

Good luck

Middxx

I answered the phone today and Lowell was on the other end, damanding i pay, and saying that i have six other catalouge debts - which i think i do. When i said i would be unable to pay, and that i was on JSA, i got a bit tetchy saying i didnt have a magic wand. I then asked for the agreements, and he said he would send out statements and that if they did that i would have to pay it in full. I was like, well ive offered to set up an arrangement to suit my income needs when ive seen the total of debt i owe, and he was like no, it does not work like that. The he said he was going to do a credit check and something else check something, so intimidating, but im ok.

was the other check....AFP CHECK?:D

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

"What Nasty People"

That is the understatement of the Century!

Lowell have been getting a well deserved battering over the last few months, aided and abetted by their dismal level of competence.

I suspect it's getting a little fraught over there.:D:D

David

Hi there, glad you have realised very quickly what a nasty shower this lot are. Are you a house owner, it may have been the land registry they were going to check.

May I suggest that as and when you hear from this lot on individual cases, that you start new threads on here for each. As has already been said, not likely that they will have an enforceable agreement for any of these catalogue accounts. Remember they tell lies and untruths to try and frighten you into making a payment - glad that you stood up to them.

Hi there, glad you have realised very quickly what a nasty shower this lot are. Are you a house owner, it may have been the land registry they were going to check.

May I suggest that as and when you hear from this lot on individual cases, that you start new threads on here for each. As has already been said, not likely that they will have an enforceable agreement for any of these catalogue accounts. Remember they tell lies and untruths to try and frighten you into making a payment - glad that you stood up to them.

Agree here, they are very persistant so what advice you given on CAG you MUST stick to (how ever long)

they WILL go away eventually (I know :) )

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

send a cca request to Lowell with a £1 postal order and post on here what comes back, minus personal details

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

send a cca request to Lowell with a £1 postal order and post on here what comes back, minus personal details

Whilst I would agree with you BUT we are talking about a DCA here, we ALL know that if 1 dca gets no where it will be passed to another and so on till it goes round the block and back again.

The route I would (personally) do is to CCA the catalogue directly (the root) this way you can force catalogue to comply where DCA would just pass it on to some 1 else, tell lowells that is in legal dispute and you have contacted catalogue direclty.

My point is it gotta be sorted out at the root because we know DCA's DON'T listen to us and just put us on ignore and continue with their meaningless threats.

If my advice has been helpful please feel free to click on my scales :grin:

Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner (CCA request letter N)and other templates)

Debt Collection Agencies & Statutory Demands, a few strategies

Abbey charges, Won

B-card non-disclosure of S.A.R, WON £30 costs awarded

B-Card, court for harrasement, failed to defend WON £175 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/125554-28-days-later-no.html#post1422508

B-Card charges, partial refund, still fighting

Vanquis-Cabot, GIVEN UP :lol:

HFC & my mum, no brainer, no CCA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/133330-hfc-my-mum.html#post1404514

PLEASE donate to CAG however small. They are fighting for YOUR rights as a consumer. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/

Ah thank you people, yes it was a Land Registry thing (gosh what a day its been!). Thankfully this is council rented. To paraphrase the call i had:

Shaun : Hello

LW : Security, and then blah blah, can you pay today

Shaun : Well i've been unemployed for about two months

LW : But you've made no attempt to pay before that

Shaun : Well i've had other matters to deal with, surviving on very low income, being a student, health etc.

LW : Well what can you pay today?

Shaun : Nothing i dont get my JSA until next week

LW : Well its not good enough blah blah

Shaun : I don't have a magic wand...

LW : After this phone call ill be doing a credit check and land registry thing

Shaun : Oh really, well i dont give you permission to do that

Disagreements...

Shaun : I request that you send me out the agreements that i signed

LW : Well what is their dispute, you admit that you owe them

Shaun : Just send me the statements

LW : If we do that you will have to pay them in full as you are clearly avoiding to pay it

Shaun : How dare you, im in financal difficulty, ILL see what i owe in total and get back to you

LW : Blah blah blah, goodbye.

BG,

Although I don't have dealings with these people, at least not yet, I always ask them to slow down and then request their name as I want to record the call and want to make sure that it is recorded correctly.

At that point 9 times out of 10 they put the phone down but if not you start to have real fun like

Ok What is your name?

caller: John Smith

Ok and how do you spell that John?

OK is that JON?

etc etc

BTW the recording is a pen and paper as I write down the date, time, number and rough comments. I also strive to keep them on as long as possible to waste their money as I use a PAYG mobile. I mean to send them the sim at some stage so they can talk to themselves.

You may find the Cheekiness to DCAs thread amusing in The Bear Gardsn

GK