Ruthbridge on behalf of Monument

bankchaser35
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Ruthbridge have been threatening with me bankruptcy over a Monument credit card debt that I defaulted on in Sept 2004, following a serious car accident.

I took the advice from this forum and on 20/07 sent a CCA request to them by recorded delivery. Yesterday I received a letter from them dated 07/08 that ignores my request for a CCA, threatens me with bankruptcy and also deducts the alleged balance by £1. Enclosed with this is the signed reply card which I submitted when I initially applied for credit with Monument (which I don't think is enforcable)

Can anyone advise how I should reply to this letter?

Also, I was paying Monument Accident Death Cvr and Payment Break Plan Insurances every month, which I'm not sure I was misold, seeing as I never received any help towards the repayments following the crash?

Many thanks

Pretty much, you just need to reply back along the lines of, "You have as much chance of making me bankrupt as I have of getting away with breaking your legs. Get your act together and comply, or shove your threats up your rectum."

Or words to that effect. Ruthbridge are full of the soft, brown, smelly stuff. They lie, threaten and bully. I'd report them to the OFT. Yours will be at the bottom of a very large pile of complaints.