You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3988 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

you guys may have been reading on my previous thread regarding the position that I was in regarding the tv license fine. After a serious amount of time in being persistant on the telephone with the Finance department at the local court and thankfully enough I was going through all my paperwork earlier and came across a photocopy of the statement of means that I had sent them back in April 2009 I was speaking with a guy at the court who was fantastic, I quoted every single bit of advice that I was given on here, and that I had contacted my MP plus gotten legal advice on this matter, his response was that he was sorry that this had happened to myself and my partner as I had sent off the original means statement and they had no hard copy infront of them which is why they put a warrant out for the fine, and that what he was going to do was put the warrant on hold and email Marston Group that it was on hold for fourteen days pending further investigation, I told him the problems that I had with Marston and contacting their head office and stated that every single time I had called them they asked for payment and when I started to explain the situation they said "are you going to make a payment, because if not then you will need to take it up with the enforcement officer involved" he was not pleased with that, so I am to take both the letter and the photocopy to the court which will then be placed infront of a magistrate to recall the warrant. I asked him what shall I do with the bailiffs if they turn up with a locksmith while I am out and my partner is indoors, he said if I am there, to inform them that the warrant is on hold, IF not, and your partner is unwell which she seems to be judging from what you have told me, then inform her that she is to call the police as it would be considered breaking and entering.

I would like to thank Wonkeydonkey for his fantastic letter that I quoted, Hallowitch for her great advice.

I would like to confirm several things which are not intended to scare anyone, but several little tips that have been confirmed by several of my solicitor friends who I befriended on yahoo.

Any criminal offence A HCEO is able to break into your house while you are not there, lol if anything get a really big dog that would make them think twice or even hook your computer upto the speaker system with a sound recording of a dog barking and growling. lmfao that would make them think twice. just make sure its not too loud. I did this yesterday when there was a knock at the door and I pushed at the door with the sound clip of the dog.. I am not sure who it was, but I think they got the message lmfao. also it gave myself and my partner a giggle.

Secondly always make sure that you keep copies of all documents regarding the matter in which the courts are involved and ALWAYS make sure that you send everything recorded delivery. ( I seriously learnt the delivery part the hard way. ) but Make sure that when you photocopy, make sure that its time and date stamped. .

I have also informed my mp of the situation as it stands now and I would like to thank him for trying to help out in this current situation, as it stands, the advice given from here has been taken to heart and been a great help.

So once again Wonkey and Hallo. Thanks :)

ps I dont think the Enforcement Officer is very happy at losing the commision.

I also would like to thank the Enforcement Officer for trying to make me pay in full because as a result I only have to pay the fine of £125 instead of the £350 she was trying to collect from me, because if she had accepted the payment plan I had proposed to her from the start of this fiasco, she would have been in pocket.

I also would like to thank the Enforcement Officer for trying to make me pay in full because as a result I only have to pay the fine of £125 instead of the £350 she was trying to collect from me, because if she had accepted the payment plan I had proposed to her from the start of this fiasco, she would have been in pocket.

WELL DONE