You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

in-a-mess

Lowell letter, please help URGENTLY!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3986 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi there, hope somebody can help me, please!!!

I've received a letter this morning but it was sent to my son and daughter's address, i'm not even registered as living there, this is their house, they rent it not me.

it was lowells saying they bought my debt from littlewoods and demanding payment. I haven't got a job at the moment and i have been unemployed since october with no joy in finding one as yet.

I haven't rung them or wrote to them yet, but last thing i want is somebody to turn up at their door step asking for me or demanding money. They have part time jobs and have been helping me keep the head above water in this difficult times. Is sad but thats life. I dont know where they got this address from but i can only assume my old landlord, as my kids rented this house from the same landlord.

What shall i do? write to them and say i dont live at this address? ask for a CCA letter? Please help, i'm in a mess but don't want to put all this burden on my kids sholders...

I am quite new her but firstly would like to say..take a deep breath and dont panic! Someone with the knowledge will be along shortly and Lowells s a particularly hated agencey. What I would suggest is your daughter or son send the letter back as not living at this address x :)

Two options,

return it with not at this address on theenvelope

or write to them with your correct address

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi, personally as this is a catalogue account it may be worth facing it full on so that you take the incentive and initiate correspondence with them.

First question however, is when was this account started? If it is more than 4/5 years old there is probably no agreement, so the debt cannot be enforced.

There are telephone harrassment letters in our Letter templates which can be sent and also a letter to stop anyone calling at the address.

The CCA letter (N) will need to be sent to them with a postal order for £1 by recorded delivery, and do not sign the letter.

In the meantime if they manage to get a telephone number, do not speak with them either.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

I've received a letter this morning but it was sent to my son and daughter's address, i'm not even registered as living there, this is their house, they rent it not me.

So where do you live? With your son & daughter or somewhere else?

it was lowells saying they bought my debt from littlewoods and demanding payment. I haven't got a job at the moment and i have been unemployed since october with no joy in finding one as yet.

Well, try not to worry too much, as if you aren't working they can't take what you haven't got!

I haven't rung them or wrote to them yet, but last thing i want is somebody to turn up at their door step asking for me or demanding money.

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES RING THEM.....EVER!

They will only intimidate and bully you over the phone, making you pay money which you haven't got, and they will threaten you with all sorts of nonsense.

Keep everything in writing, that way then you have a paper trail of evidence, as if you rang them, they will threaten you, and you won't be able to prove any of it as they just deny ever saying it.

It might be best just to tell your kids that you have had this letter, just so they are informed, as I can imagine their reaction if someone did turn up asking for you on their doorstep!

You can do one of two things really, a) Put the letter back in the envelope (after you scan it and take a copy) and put it back in the post 'return to sender'.

b)Write to lowlifes and send them the 'No debt is acknowledged' letter, along with your current address, this will also buy you a little time to get your records in order.

Then when they reply with their threatogramme in response to your letter, then you can CCA them, again as it is Lowlifes and Littlewoods, they will no doubt have misplaced the agreement, but lets cross that bridge when you come to it.

If there is anything else you are unsure of, like them sending 'bailiffs' or 'doorstep collectors' you can rest assured these are there 'scripted' threats!:rolleyes:

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!