You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Got-the-hump

Giving notice if no tenancy agreement

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3986 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

My LL as just served me 2 months notice to vacate. I haven't had a tenancy agreement since last August. Can he still serve me the same kind of notice? If I find somewhere to move to before the 2 months is up do I have to pay up to the end of the notice etc?

Also, just out of curiosity, if my name is spelled wrong on all my tenancy related documents does that make them null and void in any way?

Any help would be great

If its an AST agreement you signed initially it will beome a periodic tenancy after the original term finishes so yes you still have a contract and the terms still apply, under what sectionis he serving the notice to quite and has he told you why. He cant make you leave witout a court order.

Your tenancy has rolled over to periodic as Ray says. It is still in force.

I'll let someone else reply to you about being liable if you find a new place. I work for a Housing Association with an extremely high turnover of tenants, so I would let you go now with no penalty regarding rent and notice periods, but then HA's can be more lenient.

The thing with S21 NOSP and court action is there is no defence, so if the landlord wants you out, there's an end to it. The most the judge can do is to grant you 42 days extra residence for hardship, but he must give possession.

You can try your luck with the misspelt name - I've been told by a judge to go away and put it right, having to start all over again, on the other hand one of my tenants was told not to be so bloody pedantic and he was being evicted no matter how I had spelt his name!

What will happen now is after the date of expiry on the NOSP, if you are still in residence, LL must apply to County Court for possession. Provided there are no rent arrears/money judgement etc this can be accellerated (oh someone spell that for me please!) which means it is purely a paper exercise. You can enter your defence at this stage and ask for a hearing. But one way or the other the outcome is going to be a possession order with a date for you to vacate. If you remain after the date given, the landlord then has to apply for a warrant of eviction, and you will again be told the date and time of the eviction. Be aware that the landlord can ask for the costs of all this, currently £150 for a hearing (unless done online £100), £95 for the bailiff.

I should make an appt with the LA now for a homeless interview. If nothing else they are duty bound to provide you with advice and sometimes financial assistance to get another private let.

I hope you find somewhere to live, good luck.

Thanks for the replies. I have found somewhere to move to and would like to move before the 2 months notice the LL gave me is up. As it is a periodic tenancy agreement do I still have to stay or pay for the remainder of the notice period? Or can i pay say my next months rent and go?

Sorry, I find it all a bit confusing.