You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• EU deal replicated 'as far as possible' ... aka less than   "The British Government is continuing to work intensively on securing continuity with other countries. We have secured agreements – either signed or agreed in principle - that account for 64% of the UK’s trade with all the countries with which the UK is seeking continuity, should we leave the EU without a deal."   With what I've seen on that page I linked earlier, that would seem to be decidedly unambitious 'trade deals across the world larger than the EU
    • dx100uk - thank you for your advice.  I will send a SAR to Vanquis and really appreciate all the help on here.   I may have read your last sentence in the way that it was not intended but it has came across very judgmental and not helpful.  I have came on this site for some help, not to be judged.  If that was not your intention then I apologise as I realise text can be read in the way it was not intended.  
    • . I'm sorry but this is not correct. There is a very long established rule that you are required to exercise utmost good faith (uberrima fides) when becoming a party to any kind of insurance contract. This means that you have quite a strict duty to accept responsibility for disclosing any information which a reasonable person in your position might understand could materially affect the risk. I can imagine that the interpretation of this rule would not be applied quite so strictly to a very new and young driver – but the more that one has been driving and the more insurance policies one has held, then I think that the stricter  this rule becomes. It is also well established that one can misrepresent something simply by withholding information – by silence. I'm sorry to say that I think that this rule and the value of it is so self-evident that it is scarcely worth discussing. I wouldn't start raising this issue if I were you with insurers or the courts because you will come away with a bloody nose and loss of credibility
    • @unclebulgaria67 your point is particularly valid especially in regards to loss in the event of a claim. Irrespective of 2x SP30’s or not the vehicle is insured for its full market value. The insurers rating changes based on risk against those endorsements, where said risk calculation isn’t made available.    Also I question the validation of 22% in premium. Is that based on today’s risk profiling, or is that applied retrospectively to day 1 and can that be evidenced.    One thing that is very clear, is that to bring about any degree of misrepresentation the insurer has to have evidence that questions were asked in regards to the endorsements.   This was an auto renewal and when I’ve checked the Brokers electronic Copy on “My Policy’ at renewal, there is no section included relative to accidents in the last 5 yrs or Motoring convictions. Everything else relative to me and the named driver is listed. 
    • Here is what exposes Johnson & Co Commission document, makes for sober reading   Wonder if Snake Oil Singham has read and digested it?   https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/brexit_files/info_site/com_2020_324_2_communication_from_commission_to_inst_en_0.pdf
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
stereophonicsfan

unenforceable agreement in court

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3983 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all

I have what I think is a cast-iron case for damages with an unenforceable default notice and termination of contract and non-existent credit agreement.

However I know several caggers have gone to court and lost due to biased judges.

My question is if I lost under these circumstances could I be forced to pay the remainder of my loan despite no CCA?

If a Judge rules that you must repay the debt then you must.

Help us to keep on helping.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums.

This site is run solely on donations.

You can make a donation

HERE. Thank you.

Any advice & opinions given by supasnooper are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

because that is what the law says, try convincing a knob of a judge that they dont understand the law, and see how far that gets you.

I went to court in July with a application form for a agreement and no D/N and the judge said as far as he was concerned it looked liked a agreement to him.

Result I have now taken legal advice to fight the case.

Notts

As a great man once said " All Men Can Fly But Some Only in One Direction"

Notts

Makes me wonder if its worth bothering. Maybe I should just tell the dca i wont pay and cut my losses and not bother with compensation even though im in the right. P*****s me off tho that if it was the other way round the banks would sue the a**e of us.

Dead Right.

Notts

Notts

Then why is it called an unenforceable agreement?

Its potentially unenforceable until the moment a judge decides either way.

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Its not on. The law states its unenforceable so thats what it should be. When did the judges get to make up the rules as they go along then?

Its not on. The law states its unenforceable so thats what it should be. When did the judges get to make up the rules as they go along then?

It's a good point the law is fairly clear on the point of unenforceable agreements.

Where does this end??? Judges deciding rape laws don't apply, anymore.

Which judges are guilty of this I think a list needs to made and submitted to the judges governing body explaining these judges need to apply the law not make it up or decide on a different interpretation.

I think the word biased is quite interesting here. 'A judge biased' this does not sit well.

Any judge favouring a DCA should be struck off or educated on the law because they clearly need help understanding.

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

This is why there are a number of agreements that are undergoing scrutiny in the high court... too many cases are being awarded to the claimants despite the agreements not complying with the law.

I have always said from the start that it is easier defending action from a creditor on the basis of an unenforceable agreement than it is trying to seek declarations of unenforceability.

Until someone decides to really test their claim and get some case law on the books it will remain that judges may get it wrong. Like football refs, they are only human.

Clearly the bottom line here is don't rely on your credit agreement being unenforceable. It doesn’t matter what the law says, its on the day and the judge.

Looks like illegal charges is the way to go and try to last it out the 6yrs, or pay up.

Good luck Gav,

Your right it depends on the Judge.

Notts

Notts

so whats the point in sending a CCA request if the creditor can still take you to court with an unenfforceable agreement, surley this thread contradicts this whole forum.

is this after april 2007 ???

so whats the point in sending a CCA request if the creditor can still take you to court with an unenfforceable agreement, surley this thread contradicts this whole forum.

Well I always send in the CCA request to see if they actually DO have a CCA. 99% of the DCA's I have fought have never had a CCA and soon disappear under the rock in which they came. The other 1% I then hit with the unlawful charges route and again they disappear.

I would always ask for the CCA purely to find out if they have an agreement and if it is enforcable. If its not enforcable and court is on the cards we just pray for a decent judge who knows the law

Sploits :p

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

I note your point regarding the DN

I want to take 1st Direct to Court as they never issued a default notice. I called my legal helpline you get with Home Insurance and they have told me only T/S can enforce any breach of the CCA 1974

Totally confused now#//

there are high court cases that you should quote in your defence which advise that no court can enforce an unenforceable agreement

if a judge ignores this then you have 100% grounds for appeal

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

The judgment of Lord Nicholls of Birkenhead in the case of Wilson v First County Trust Ltd - [2003] All ER (D) 187 (Jul), paragraph 29.

'...signature of a document containing all the prescribed terms is an essential prerequisite to the court’s power to make an enforcement order'.

Your right Zazen, but try telling that to a prat of a Judge, I quoted the above but he wasnt havin any of it.

I appreciate you can appeal.

Told me to go away get legal advice and adjourned

Notts

Notts

''only T/S can enforce any breach of the CCA 1974''

Sorry, what's T/S?

Trading Standards

s.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.