Asking for advice about issues between me and the car garage.don't know whether it is right place.

lixiangmier
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi Don't know whether it is the right place to go, but only know here.

i bought a car two weeks ago, and changed all wheels in a small garage. 10 minutes after i left the garage, one of the wheels flied out and all my car's front rushed into the ground in the middle of the road.

i got all evidence showing the accident. and after almost a hour....., garage people finally agreed to come over. then they fixed the wheels, but unforunately, the damage on the front bumper got no fixed. everytime, they just delayed the time. now two weeks passed, they still don't want to repair it.

i just wonder whether there is anywhere i can go and sort this problem effeciently? i have a statement from the garage to admit their fault...but they just drag your time....to repair....:x

thanks!

hi Don't know whether it is the right place to go, but only know here.

i bought a car two weeks ago, and changed all wheels in a small garage. 10 minutes after i left the garage, one of the wheels flied out and all my car's front rushed into the ground in the middle of the road.

i got all evidence showing the accident. and after almost a hour....., garage people finally agreed to come over. then they fixed the wheels, but unforunately, the damage on the front bumper got no fixed. everytime, they just delayed the time. now two weeks passed, they still don't want to repair it.

i just wonder whether there is anywhere i can go and sort this problem effeciently? i have a statement from the garage to admit their fault...but they just drag your time....to repair....:x

thanks!

was the police called to the accident? the police report would be fantastic. Can you prove that the garage was at fault, by negligence? ie not tighting the wheel back or over tighting the bolts snapping them?

Small claims would be the way to go, but before you do, complain via letter, reg it with estimates on repairs. I think they will play ball. Don't let them repair it themselves...

trooper68

Trooper68:)

thanks for replies.

i didn't call the police, but there are quite a few witnesses passed by the road. lots pics.

now they fixed the wheels, but just play balls on repairing the damage.

the above advise of not being repaired by themselves is a good idea.

so, shall i do this:

write to them to complain

get repaired somewhere else

do small claims

shall i go to my car insurance for this claim or somewhere else?

You should write to them using recorded delivery and give them 7 days to come up with a satisfactory proposal to repair the bumper.

If you haven't heard in the 7 days or they refuse to take responsibility for the damage, you can take it to another garage that does bumper repairs and pay for it yourself and then send them a copy of the bill and give them 7 days to pay.

If they do not pay then you must write to them a Letter Before Action (which is a letter telling them this is the last request and you will take them to court to get your money back).

The reference to your insurance was to see if your insurance included legal assistance. You shouldn't make a claim against your insurance.

thanks for replies.

i didn't call the police, but there are quite a few witnesses passed by the road. lots pics.

now they fixed the wheels, but just play balls on repairing the damage.

the above advise of not being repaired by themselves is a good idea.

so, shall i do this:

write to them to complain

get repaired somewhere else

do small claims

shall i go to my car insurance for this claim or somewhere else?

Depending on what insurance you have, full com or third party fire and theft.

I would write a letter with two quotes from other garages, setting out that they worked on the car by replacing the tyres, when leaving had a road crash by negligence directly by the garage or its employees working on the car failed to tighten or damaged the wheel studs. However, if the car was poorly maintained, ie, the lugs sheered via metal fatigue, they are NOT at fault.

You need to get a quote from other garages, explain to them what happend and get them to write it on the quote. Write a letter to the garage recorded delivery with the complaint and attach copys of the quotes. Give them 14 days, if they fail to respond or contact you, send a letter before action give that 7 days. Don't forget, keep a record of all letters and envolopes. Record you postage and how much you have spent in time by the hour, if you do take this to court you can then claim the costs.

If you have a witness/s see if you can get a statement from them with any photos THEY have. All this helps.

Trooper68

Trooper68:)

What caused the wheel to come off? Did the wheel bolts/nuts come loose, did they shear off, or did the hub go with the wheel? Have you checked the tightness of the remaining bolts?

When you say you changed the wheels, do you mean tyres or the actual wheels? Just because a wheel fits the hole spacing on a car, does not mean that the wheel can be used. The taper on the holes MUST match the taper on the bolts, or they will loosen. Also when changing steel wheels for alloys sometimes you have to fit shorter or longer bolts.