• Tweets

• love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Marbles, Barclaycard & Egg - claiming PPi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right,

I am wanting to claim back the PPi on my very old Marbles, Barclaycard and Egg cards - I had the cards approx 5 years ago. Ive not kept any of my old statements etc. but I know for definite that I had PPi on both Marbles and Barclaycard and at one point my balances would have run into about £5k-£10k on each, so there's considerable potential to reclaim £££s in missold PPi. I only ever made internet applications for credit cards.

Im a little confused as to where I start, first do I need to write to the establishments and get a copy of all my statements?

I successfully claimed back thousands in unfair bank charges a few years back and whilst I know this is going to be a long drawn out process Im keen to get it sorted once and for all.

Im just not sure where to start, since the accounts have probably been closed, Im sure I have records of the account numbers somewhere, where exactly do I start??

Rascal.:idea::|

Halifax - SUCCESS August 2006

Woolwich - SUCCESS January 2007

Nationwide... you're next...

You need to send them all a SAR each including all of the info you do have, acc. no., name, address, etc.

They should then send you everything you need. Beware Marbles are a nasty bunch :mad: my PPI complaint is now with the FOS and has been for 18 months, they are still investigating.....

Marbles were adament that they would not give me back a penny, even they all they had regarding the PPI was a dodgy on-line application form :rolleyes:

Not for the faint hearted but go for it anyway, get your cash back!!!!

good luck

birch:D

x

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

You need to send them all a SAR each including all of the info you do have, acc. no., name, address, etc.

They should then send you everything you need. Beware Marbles are a nasty bunch :mad: my PPI complaint is now with the FOS and has been for 18 months, they are still investigating.....

Marbles were adament that they would not give me back a penny, even they all they had regarding the PPI was a dodgy on-line application form :rolleyes:

Not for the faint hearted but go for it anyway, get your cash back!!!!

good luck

birch:D

x

Yes them and a bunch of other unscrupulous banks

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

thanks Guys. Well I've hit a brick wall already. Basically my account was closed in or around 2005/2006. Apparently they can't even find any record of my account - Ive since moved house so have no record of old statements etc.

I have been passed from pillar to post and back again and have just had my 4th phone call with Marbles who have passed me back to HFC who still have no record of my old account. Its so blooming annoying. They kept saying to me "are you sure you had a marbles card?! - well yes of course im blooming sure"!!

Now I dont want to send the SAR without an account number on it just for them to return it saying they have no record of it. HELP!! - I used to make all my payments online and all I have is my old log in for the internet - I dont have my password - apparently this is still not good enough and they still have no record of me :-( - my card was probably passed to a debt collection agency but Ive even checked with Experian and there is no record of it. I definitely 5,000% had one!! I bought my wedding ring on it I remember upping the balance that day with them to go and collect it!

HELP!!

R xx

the only way to do this is to determine how you orignally made your monthly payments. if this was through a bank via a debit card or by cheque there will somewhere be a record of who the funds were paid to.

You may have to SAR your current account with your bank to find out the info. If you paid by cheque these would eventually have been returned to sourc(your bank) to be held for 6 years. These can be returned to you on request, they probably will have the account number written on the back ;)

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

I cant believe I just opened up a seriously old document on my PC - I knew Id kept the numbers somewhere - will be sending the SAR on Monday and also to Barclaycard, Egg and Capital One.

I bet they say the numbers are invalid or something..... :confused::rolleyes::confused::rolleyes:

T'will be interesting to see if this works out i.e. getting money back - I can't believe how relatively easy it was to claim back from Halifax and Woolwich.

Here goes nothing....

:)

I had a loan with Egg for £5000. Ive found the old account number - it was fully paid up etc. and I think with PPi as well. Ive been reading some posts about having the contract deemed null and void but Im a bit confused when reading about it. How do I start a claim for this. Do I send an SAR to Egg asking for the initial contract and statement breakdown as I am with Marbles and Barclaycard?

Thank you guys!

I've now sent SARs to Egg, Barclaycard, Marbles and Marks & Spencer.

Fingers crossed :cool:

• 1 month later...

It's been over 40 days since I sent my SARs to the companies. Beneficial are the only ones to have written back to me saying they are going to get the information to me within 40 days from THEIR responding letter. What do I do now??

• 2 weeks later...

I have now received back my credit card agreements etc. from Egg and also the loan documentation. I paid the credit card off using the loan which I then defaulted on and it became part of my IVA. The loan agreement is pre-2005. Do I have any grounds at all to get this loan agreement nulified? Sorry I keep trying to bump this thread up but no one seems to read it?!

:-|

thanks Guys. Well I've hit a brick wall already. Basically my account was closed in or around 2005/2006. Apparently they can't even find any record of my account They are legally bound to keep your account information for six years after the last transaction on the account so if it was closed in 2005/2006 they should retain the information by law until 2011/2012- Ive since moved house so have no record of old statements etc.

I have been passed from pillar to post and back again and have just had my 4th phone call with Marbles who have passed me back to HFC who still have no record of my old account. Its so blooming annoying. They kept saying to me "are you sure you had a marbles card?! - well yes of course im blooming sure"!!

Now I dont want to send the SAR without an account number on it just for them to return it saying they have no record of it. HELP!! - I used to make all my payments online and all I have is my old log in for the internet - I dont have my password - apparently this is still not good enough and they still have no record of me :-( - my card was probably passed to a debt collection agency but Ive even checked with Experian and there is no record of it. I definitely 5,000% had one!! I bought my wedding ring on it I remember upping the balance that day with them to go and collect it!

HELP!!

R xx

Just a catch up on your thread.

Please see this link for record retention.

http://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/records.management/Finance.pdf

If they have no records and the period is still within the six years you should insist they produce the documentation of destruction duly authorised by their data controller and then bang in a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service asking for compensation on the loans.

The bang in a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office for the failure of the bank to maintain records for the required statutory period and the Office of Fair Trading pointing out the unfairness of the treatment you have received and last but not least the Financial Services Authority complaining about the unfair treatment of you a consumer by you banks.

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Checked my bank today and all 4 SAR cheques have been cashed. Spoke to M&S who were very helpful yet have not received anything from them as yet so hope its not all gone to my old address. Will chase up this week.

Received statements although no copy of agreement from Marbles. Have checked and about £900 worth of PPi on there which I most definitely did not authorise. Time to start claiming?

Received statements although no copy of agreement from Marbles. Have checked and about £900 worth of PPi on there which I most definitely did not authorise. Time to start claiming?

Yes :D

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Im having a bit of trouble navigating around this forum. Is there a first letter to send the same as with the bank charges? Also, they have included the terms & conditions but not my original agreement - is this a problem. I went through the paperwork briefly yesterday and I actually emailed them in 2005 asking them to cancel my protection but they didnt. There was a note on my file in there. Funny also, how the next note on the file is where I asked for a credit increase, my credit was PERFECT (at the time) no reason whatsoever to decline me an increase - think it could be because I cancelled the protection?? - or coincidence.

R.

Im having a bit of trouble navigating around this forum. Is there a first letter to send the same as with the bank charges? Also, they have included the terms & conditions but not my original agreement - is this a problem. I went through the paperwork briefly yesterday and I actually emailed them in 2005 asking them to cancel my protection but they didnt. There was a note on my file in there. Funny also, how the next note on the file is where I asked for a credit increase, my credit was PERFECT (at the time) no reason whatsoever to decline me an increase - think it could be because I cancelled the protection?? - or coincidence.

R.

No there is no standard template for PPI. Such is the complexity of the subject.

I will enclose a copy of one of my claims for mis-selling PPI and you can pick and use anything from this letter to assist you.

I am now convinced that I was mis-sold these PPI policies for the following 7 reasons:

1. Responsibilities When Underwriting a Policy of Insurance: On each occasion, when the details of a loan were discussed Your sales advisors failed to check my personal circumstances at the time of the sale, which they are under obligation to do when underwriting a Policy of Insurance. If they had done so, they would have realised that the PPI policies were useless to me. At no time was any attempt made to ascertain if the product provided was fit for purpose, suitable for my needs or if indeed it was required at all.

2. Alternative Insurance Cover: Your sales advisors in each case failed to ask me if I had any alternative arrangements for insurance cover. My employer has a generous illness package which would cover a period of sickness as follows: 6 months full pay followed by 6 months half pay. I would also be entitled to a generous redundancy package and a substantial payment would be made in the event of my death in service (more than suffice to clear the balance of the loan).

3.Failure to Supply Important Information with Regard to Significant Policy Exclusions: I was most definitely not informed that the PPI policies could contain certain exclusions which could affect me and my ability to claim on the policies if I should need to. Additionally I was never told that Pre Existing Medical Conditions could invalidate my policy and I was never asked if I had any Pre Existing Medical Conditions. Indeed your Loan Customer Duty of Care Checklist and the Loanguard Certificate of Insurance to which the Customer Duty of Care Checklist refers (forwarded under cover of Reference N) contain no reference to any Pre Existing Medical Conditions or includes any questions to me on the subject. I am in fact in receipt of a 40% War Disablement Pension from Her Majesty’s Government (HMG) since 1991. One element of this pension includes back injury which I now know is an exclusion in your PPI Policies. I also believe that I would also be excluded on at least one other existing condition.

4. Widespread PPI Mis-Selling: I cancelled the PPI policy on xxxAccountNo xxx on 7 Jan 2007 after becoming aware of the widespread mis-selling of PPI by some financial institutions, following recent media coverage and recent OFT and FSA investigations regarding the mis-selling of PPI. I believe this is borne out by Point 3 above. I am also aware that the question of PPI cover is the subject of an ongoing inquiry by the Competition Commissioner.

5. Wholly Inappropriate PPI Selling Bonuses: I understand that some employees are paid higher bonuses if they get prospective creditors to take out PPI with loans. How can the best interests of the customer possibly be met, if there is a clear conflict of interest between your responsibilities to me, and the drive of your employees to sell Payment Protection Insurance whether it is suitable or not in order to receive bonuses?

6. PPI Loan Interest payments miscalculated: Since I cancelled the policy, I have actually received a smaller reduction in the PPI loan interest payments than the figure stated on the agreement. The explanatory letter sent to me has, I believe, confirmed that I have paid for single premium PPI policies on each loan taken with your establishment.

7. True Nature of Single Premium PPI Not Explained: No explanation was forthcoming from any advisor on any occasion on the full extent of single premium PPI policies or the fact that they would offer little or no refund if the loan was settled early or if the insurance was cancelled. The statements you have forwarded on accounts xxx and xxx, show no element of any refund of PPI or PPI interest when the accounts were settled on refinancing. There was also no explanation that the cost of the PPI premium would be added to the total cost of credit and interest added for the full term of the agreement. I believe this practice is unlawful.

I now believe that the single premium PPI policies attached to the loan accounts were both extremely unfair and totally unreasonable and offered me very little, if any protection value whatsoever. I am therefore requesting a full refund of all costs including all single PPI premiums that have been paid, the interest added to these premiums and the payments, that I have paid to date.

Furthermore as I believe I have been unlawfully deprived of this money, I also expect the repayment of the interest at the Statutory Interest rate of 8% applicable to of each of the single premiums.

Details of the single premiums for each account with the interest payments made are as follows:

Ifyou have any qureires please post.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Thanks is there some sort of table in Excel form like wiht the bank charges forum for calculating interest and also the 8%?

I think my APR was 14.9%. Im unsure how to calculate the interest. Do you just calculate the 8% interest if it goes to Money Claim Online??

Do they have a time line to respond to the initial letter for requesting charges back i.e. do I have to stipulate how long they have to reply to my letter?

Should I specify within the letter the contents of their emails in 2005 where I asked for my PPi to be cancelled?

Thanks.

R

Sorry I should add that I was in an IVA with Marbles being one of the creditors however I have just been petitioned for bankruptcy - the hearing is in January 2010. With all my cards, loans etc. I took out insurance and looking at the statements now I was paying OVER £300 a MONTH in insurance payments alone. Whilst I admit that my complete recklessness iwth spsending when I was younger is to blame for my bad history I cannot help feel that with the extra £300 I would have had in my pocket each month I could have "perhaps" managed my debts a little better.

R.

This is the draft letter I am working on:

I write with reference to the above account. From the information provided I can see that I requested to cancel my PPI insurance on [ ] and the following month a refund was given in the sum of [ ]. I am now thoroughly convinced that I was missold this PPI policy for the following reasons:

1. Responsibilities When Underwriting a Policy of Insurance: On application when the details of my application was entered on to the internet, you failed to check my personal circumstances at the time of the sale, which they are under obligation to do when underwriting a Policy of Insurance. If they had done so, they would have realised that the PPI policies were useless to me. At no time was any attempt made to ascertain if the product provided was fit for purpose, suitable for my needs or if indeed it was required at all.

2. Alternative Insurance Cover: I was not asked if I had any alternative arrangements for insurance cover. My employer has a generous illness package which would cover a period of sickness as follows: 6 months full pay followed by 6 months half pay. I would also be entitled to a generous redundancy package and a substantial payment would be made in the event of my death in service (more than suffice to clear the balance of the loan).

. 3. Widespread PPI Mis-Selling: I cancelled the PPI policy on [ ] on [2005] after becoming aware of the widespread mis-selling of PPI by some financial institutions, following recent media coverage and recent OFT and FSA investigations regarding the mis-selling of PPI. I am also aware that the question of PPI cover is the subject of an ongoing inquiry by the Competition Commissioner.

4. True Nature of Single Premium PPI Not Explained: No explanation was forthcoming from yourselves on any occasion on the full extent of single premium PPI policies or the fact that they would offer little or no refund if the insurance was cancelled. The statements you have forwarded on account [ ], show no element of any refund of PPI or PPI interest when the accounts were closed. There was also no explanation that the cost of the PPI premium would be added to the total cost of credit and interest added for the full term of the agreement. I believe this practice is unlawful.

I now believe that the single premium PPI policies attached to the credit card were both extremely unfair and totally unreasonable and offered me very little, if any protection value whatsoever. I am therefore requesting a full refund of all costs including all single PPI premiums that have been paid, the interest added to these premiums and the payments, that I have paid to date.

Furthermore as I believe I have been unlawfully deprived of this money, I also expect the repayment of the interest at the Statutory Interest rate of 8% applicable to of each of the single premiums.

Details of the single premiums for each account with the interest payments made are as follows:

[THIS IS WHERE I AM NOW STUCK, WAS GOING TO SET OUT SOME FORM OF TABLE LISTING EACH TIME THEY HAD HIT ME WITH PPI - IS THIS HOW TO DO IT?]

HOW THEN, DO I WORK OUT THE INTEREST?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im ready to start claiming my refund on the ppi on my Marbles credit card but I cant work it out. I have added up all the amounts and stuff but am really stuck on working out the interest. Have asked around and there doesnt seem to be any fool-hardy calculator or method for calculating monthly PPi. Can I just add the total of the claim and put on 14.9% or is that completely the wrong way to do it??

This is the way I have calculated mine. There are two calculators to use, the first one will work out the contractual intereset, the second the standard, simple 8% interest.

ok this is the first calculator

Compound interest calculator

go through your statements starting with the oldest first. Put in the amount of PPI, the date, the interest rate and select the 12 monthly button. Press calculate. Then write this amount down. Do this for all of your PPI payments. It will calculate the Contractual Interest that you have been charged. Once you have worked out all of your amounts, add them up. This is the total amount of PPI + interest you have paid.

Then put that figure into the next calculator which will work out the 8% simple interest. The final figure is the amount you are claiming back.

Blake Lapthorn - simple interest calculator

hope this helps!!! :D

• 3 months later...

I wrote to Marbles with the amounts, didn't hear anything back. Proceeded straight to the FOS and have had back a final reply stating that they have no intention of paying out and that the computer-generated tick in the box on my application form alongside my signature was proof that I agreed to let them take £80 a month in insurance for 2 years. I have notes from my file where I asked for it to be cancelled but never received a refund. Have re-contacted FOS and asked to proceed with complaint. Hopefully they will uphold in my favour.