Giving And Getting Stuff For Free In Your Own Towns - Free Recycling and a Cleaner Environment

james22u
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Freegive is made up of groups with members across the world. Freegive connects people who are giving and getting stuff for free in their own towns. It's all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills and, at the same time, helping someone in your community by gifting them the item you no longer need. Clear out your cupboards, attics, sheds and garages with minimal effort. Working or easily repairable goods, such as furniture, recycle toys, recycle car parts, recycle beds, recycle sofas anything that is taking up space can be passed on to someone else if you are upgrading your own. Best of all, it's completely free to join. Visit Freegive homepage at www.freegive.co.uk

Freegive group is active in all London Boroughs, United Kingdom and other countries, please click here to find a group near you

Simply post details of your unwanted item on your local group and then arrange for whoever wants it to come and collect it. Another benefit of using Freegive is that it encourages us to get rid of junk that we no longer need and promote community involvement in the process. By using Freegive, not only are you able to get rid of your item with the minimum of fuss; you will also be doing your part in stopping another reusable item ending up in a landfill and, at the same time, helping someone in your community by gifting them the item you no longer need. The only rule is that everything posted are free. Visit Freegive homepage at www.freegive.co.uk

mission is to build a worldwide gifting movement that reduces waste, saves precious resources & eases the burden on landfills while enabling members to benefit from the strength of a larger community. The Freegive Network is open to all communities and to all individuals who want to participate. Freegive groups are moderated by local volunteers from across the globe who facilitate each local group - grassroots at its best! Everything posted must be free, legal, and appropriate for all ages.

SUGGESTION TO HELP FREEGIVE GROW :

Please can you pass the word around to your friends, family, co-workers, classmates; Make an announcement at your professional or social organization, church members, workmates and help freegive grow bigger and stronger. Visit Freegive homepage at www.freegive.co.uk

Edited by james22u

I use the Freecycle on Yahoo.co.uk, most areas have one, and have been very lucky with it so far, including getting a sofa bed, TV(godsend for son's room) and my favourite(a bread maker).

Its also great, as I had an over stock of plants that I had grown from seeds, and lots and lots of books that I wouldnt read again. So they all got new homes.

Like I said earlier, I do a lot of 'freecycling' especially books that Ive read and wouldnt read again, but noticed lately some of the things people are asking for is unbelievable. Someone on our local site is currently looking for a Wii and Wii fit! I know its tough times out there at the moment, but if I had a spare one I would sell it rather than give it away.

• 2 weeks later...
Freegive is made up of groups with members across the world. Freegive connects people who are giving and getting stuff for free in their own towns. It's all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills and, at the same time, helping someone in your community by gifting them the item you no longer need.

I Canadian guy I used to work with told me about a remotely similar idea where he lived in Canada.

One day per year, everyone put outside their homes any unwanted items they did not want. People would drive around, find things they wanted and take them. At the end of the week, the council would clear anything that remained uncollected.

I think it would be great if we done thst here.

Dave