You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

ppauls150

Traffic Wardens Just Taking Pictures Now!!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3977 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Well i don't know if people know that this is happening but i thought i would post anyway. I was in Bolton today and was parked up and brought a ticket even though i was only going to be 5 mins. As i got back to the car the traffic warden was just walking past my car and taking pictures of it. My first thought is what the heck have they found wrong now and issuing a ticket like parking out of the lines or something stupid like they do. They took a picture of the front and back of the car and then a copy of the ticket in the window. I asked him why he was issuing a ticket and he said he aint they are just taking pictures of ALL the cars that are parked now so that they can show that if people are parking there for more than an hour, i.e buying a ticket then coming back in an hours time and rebuying another ticket they have the evidence that the car was parked there before with the pictures. I thought crafty beggers they will do anything to try and catch people out to issue a ticket. As i thought about it though surely they just can't go round taking pictures of all the vehicles parked no matter which town it is and whats not to stop them using them pictures to just issue none fictional parking infrindgements anyway later in the day when ur gone or something? and surely is this not a case of your privacy rights like what happened with google taking pictures or peoples house and themselves or cars without the owners permission, and its not as they inform you that they will take pictures of your car if you park up.

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

There are no uk privacy laws in a public place in the uk, anyone can take a photo of anything in a public place as long as it is nothing to compromise national security. Data protection covers stored images but not the taking of photos.

been going on for ages

just another way of logging whos parked where.

easier than writing reg numbers down?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Yep, it's pretty standard I think. If you were ticketed at 2:30 for staying too long, you'd demand some evidence that the car was parked there prior to 1:30. This provides such evidence, which is why they do it.

There are no uk privacy laws in a public place in the uk, anyone can take a photo of anything in a public place as long as it is nothing to compromise national security. Data protection covers stored images but not the taking of photos.

Data protection covers the acquisition of personal data.

The issue is more whether number plates and images thereof constitute personal data.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

I would also question whether the taking and storing of photos comes under the auspices of RIPA.

then every cctv system in the land is at fault, thus, cannot be so.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

However, there is no legal restriction on taking photographs in a public street beyond the Terrorism Act. If such a picture includes people or vehicles, so be it - it matters not. IOW, if you are in a public place, you cannot insist that your photograph is not taken.

The issue is more whether number plates and images thereof constitute personal data.

I don't think that they do as the VRM only identifies a particular vehicle - and an inaminate object cannot have personal data. Any VRM would have to be referenced to the DVLA's database to gain personal information about the RK (who may or may not be the driver). As an aside, VRMs remain the property of the state (DVLA) anyway

then every cctv system in the land is at fault, thus, cannot be so.
Thinking about it again - RIPA only covers communications data.

doesn't the registration 'belong' to the DVLA post V62 and V5 ? Admittedly the DVLA does qualify as a legal 'person' that can sue and be sued but I don't think they are going to argue about the CEO snaps.

Thinking about it again - RIPA only covers communications data.

No it doesn't it further reaching than that.