You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

suzyalan

Motorworld ignoring letters, shall I sue?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3986 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am writing this on belhalf of my Dad, so apologies about not having dates.

Some time ago my Dad bought from Motor World some alloy wheels which were manufacturered by Wolfrace. Soon after the laquer came off the wheels, and he tried to return them.

Motorworld he tells me had closed down. He contacted the consumer direct helpline. They advised him to send a letter giving 14 days to respond. Wolfrace also said that the solution lay with Motorworld. It seems that Motor World is open again, but undeer a different guise I do not know.

Consumer direct advised him to write to Motorworld at Huddersfield - I do not know why, and this is not the outlet that Dad bought the wheels from. Consumer Direct advised to send another letter giving 5 days before legal action but begin.

He has never heard anything from Motorworld.

Consumer Direct have now said he can take them to the small claims court but if they have no money he will not be paid. They told him to go to a website and pay to find out about them - though he is not sure what he needs to find out. CCJs, court orders & fines - Search yourself and others - Trust Online

Basically now he is stuck with the wheels and as often is the case he is saying that its too much hassle, as he does not know what to do.

I can help him with the court forms etc as I successfully sued the abbey national :smile::D:D:D (well they settled out of court) however I am a little confused as to what we are supposed to be finding out about and if this is the same company that closed then reopens.

If anyone has and info about Motorworld or help in general about Dads situation I would be truely grateful

Many Thanks in Advance

Suze

Pacific Retail Limited T/A Motor World

Pennine Business Park,

Bradley Road,

Bradley,

Huddersfield.

West Yorkshire.

HD2 1RA

0845 0505005

http://www.motor-world.co.uk

Companies House has this info listed:

MOTOR WORLD LIMITED

UNIT 2 PENNINE BUSINESS PARK BRADLEY ROAD

BRADLEY

HUDDERSFIELD

WEST YORKSHIRE

HD2 1RA

Company No. 06542846

I'm not really sure what info you would need to pay for?

Did the letters go recorded delivery? If not then I am sure they will have gone missing in the post.

You need to establish if the retailer is the same one the item was purchased from. If it isn't, or a new firm is using the name as a trading title, you have no claim against them - making court action ill-advised.

The manufacturers are normally more helpful - if you can probe when you bought them, they will usually repair or refurbish if they identify a manufacturing problem.

Thank you very much. Westmidsman, thanks for the company info. The consumer direct lady apparently said to check out the company on that trustonline site to see if they are "viable" so my thoughts were along the lines of what Buzby said - thanks Buzby.

The manufacturer Wolfrace had advised Dad to go to the retailer. I said to him today on the phone that he should speak to this manufacturer again as Motorworld are supposedly representing them, and doing it in a poor fashion.

Yes the letters were sent by registered post also.

I think I might try and ring Wolfrace on his belhalf. By the way the wheels cost my Dad over £300. Now why a 65 year old man wants some trendy alloys at £300 plus I do not know!! haha

Thanks again for your help. Think I will try the phone next on his belhalf and see what both parties have to say.

Any further ideas or help appreciated in the meantime

Best Regards, and thanks a million for your help Westmidsman and Buzby

Suze

As far as I know Motorworld went into adminastration some time ago.