stretch182

Halifax - Reconstituted agreement

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4018 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, have read loads & loads of advice on here which has been really helpful. I used the CCA template to send to Halifax Card Services, on 29 July, asnd got the attached reply - which says they have sent me a "reconstituted version of the executed agreement" and that this complies with Consumer Credit Regulations 1983.

They also statet that they will "not be entering into any further correspondence regarding requirements relating to the provision of copy agreement"

So - question - is this them being on the back foot because they don't have a signed copy, or is it in fact legal for them to send this and the debt is still enforceable?

All advice welcome, as this will help me & my family get our lives back on track - I'm currently looking at around £36000 of debt, and between this and one other "biggie" with bank of Scotland (who I've not yet had any response from!) it will make a big hole in it.

Thanks in advance

Halifax-CCA-Response.pdf

Hi stretch, there is no signature on the agreement, so i would say it is unenforcable, the bank is implying that you have CCAd them through a company which is mis-leading the public ??. When a debt is unenforcable it still exists and the creditor can still send demands for it, some caggers dour the creditors out and some use the non existance of a valid CCA to bargain for a favourable reduced full and final settlement.

well if your card was before april 2007, they are talking out there rear

under the ammendments, they can send a reconstructed agreement but to enforce, the need the original

this is nothing more than smoke screen and mirrors

Thanks guys - just to be clear, I am not using any company, I am just using this happy forum!!

I CCA'd them myself using a template from here and this is what they sent. Having read other threads, this could go on for months, but I guess I need to be clear first of all what their reply is likely to mean.

The card was taken out well before 2007 - probably around 2003/4 or maybe earlier...

Should I now send a CPR to be sure? or should I just send them an in dispute notice and stop paying

THanks again!

you mean an sar

cpr is for docs used in court

with out a doubt

cover your self

send an sar

remember, recorded delievery