Refused consolidation of debts!

knittedmonkey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

First off...forgive me for any newbie errors and do feel free to point me in the direction of previous posts. I'm looking through the forum as we speak to get as much info as possible!

My tale of financial woe begins thusly...

I went to HSBC yesterday, asking them to consolidate my (small) debts into a loan. They won't, to cut a long story short. I told them I was in financial difficulty and I couldn't manage to pay back the shortfall each month - which is basically their charges for being over my overdraft limit. Every month I honour all my direct debits etc, but there are some days when I go over the limit because I can't make the payment for the DDs in time. This is why I'm over my limit!

Anyway. Despite copious weeping in the public thoroughfare of the bank, while sat with their inhuman 'computer says no' adviser, and going through the humiliation of a 'financial review' - they have refused to consolidate the debt. (it was unreal: it took 40 mins to go through the questionnaire, then he printed off the loan repayment plan, which is less money than I repay at the moment, it all seemed do-able. And only THEN did the idiot decide to run the credit check. Needless to say I failed, [insufficient credits into the account!] and after that glimmer of hope I was just broken! do they enjoy torture or what?)

I am just wondering where to go now.

Should I leave the charges to accrue on a daily basis (to date, I'm £31 over my limit. There are charges of £54 due to be applied on Aug 31st, and nothing else due to come out of the account) - what happens, how far do they allow you to get into debt before taking action?

Has anyone else done this?

I'm so fed up. The charges are the reason I can't keep afloat :x

ali xxxx

standard response from the worlds local bank :lol: they are idiots.

read the frequently asked questions section of the site particularly the step by step guide and claim all of the charges back :) its not difficult and we are here to answer any questions you have.

go for a hardship reclaim.

you only have to provide four demand letters from WHY and they should refund all the charges you document + any int too related to them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Knittedmonkey,

HSBC I think, seem actually to enjoy saying no and being generally unhelpful. Your problem would in essence appear to be similar to mine, I have tried every way to give them some lateral thought as to how to solve the 'mounting charges issue', the solution I came up with was a request for a moratorium on charges for an agreed period. I don't think the person I was corresponding with, understood what I meant by moratorium. This reflects in my opinion, on the quality of staff HSBC now employs, which would appear to be of pretty low calibre. In addition as you move on you will find that they will endlessly request financial reviews and have no record or claim to have no record of the last one you have completed. You can see that they are no longer a 'Local Bank', but a highly centralised and controlled operation, where sensitivity to the customer is non existent. In other words you are being used Kittedmonkey as a Cash Cow, to be milked for all you are worth:rolleyes:!. Probably the strongest option you have in this situation, is to claim your unfair charges back, provided the value is worth the effort. Happy hunting Carningli.