You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

craigblade

Which (free) company is best to use to check if my credit cards are unenforceable?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3985 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I want to check if my 10 credit cards are unenforceable. After reading various threads on here I understand that you can do it yourself but I know that some organisations offer to do it for free. From what I understand some are completely free too and you keep 100% of any settlement. They make their money from the losing side (my banks!).

Anyway, the one that seems the best so far is Edit. I've already emailed them to see if my case looks suitable. However, can any of you think of any other 'free' companies?

Just to recap, I know I can do it all myself but if another company is willing to do it for free then really I'd be silly not to let them proceed!

Thanks,

Craig.

Edit ...... removal of company name

Edited by saintly_1
removal of company name

none of the are actually free, you'll find out when you start the process with them, so i'd do it yourself using the CCA template here on cag [seethe homepage]

now, as you've been browsing these sites, you've probably got the idea that this CCA thing is made out to be some sort of magic trick to get all your debts wiped out, this is not true,

all the cca request does is p'haps throw up a few agreement that might be unenforcable, that does not mean the debt goes away, it just means that until an enforcable one appears its just onhold.

it is far better to look at reclaiming unlawful charges & p'haps mis-sold ppi.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Hi,

I want to check if my 10 credit cards are unenforceable. After reading various threads on here I understand that you can do it yourself but I know that some organisations offer to do it for free. From what I understand some are completely free too and you keep 100% of any settlement. They make their money from the losing side (my banks!).

Anyway, the one that seems the best so far is Callen Jones solicitors. I've already emailed them to see if my case looks suitable. However, can any of you think of any other 'free' companies?

Just to recap, I know I can do it all myself but if another company is willing to do it for free then really I'd be silly not to let them proceed!

Thanks,

Craig.

Pigs can fly and Santa Claus is real to. If you read a lot more post's you might come back down to earth.

Fair enough then! I did think it sounded too good to be true!

Well assuming I do try myself to prove that my bank account agreements are unenforceable, what percentage of the current balance should I then expect to ask for?

I actually phoned round some of my banks yesterday and the most any banks would reduce the debt by was 25%. Presumeably if I can prove the agreement is unenforceable then do you think I can expect them to offer around 75% off the balance? Also how long roughly does it take until the bank will accept/offer a signficantly reduced settlement?

Thanks,

Craig.

can we clarify here:

are these are CC's or bank accounts?

you're going about this the wrongway IMHO.

get the reclaiming done, then find out if the CCA's are enforcable nor not then offer a low figure.

dx

They are all credit cards just to clarify.

When you say get the 'reclaiming done' I presume you refer to getting the fines refunded? The thing is that some of these accounts do have a lot of fines applied but with others it is just high interest rates being applied. Surely if I can prove the account is unenforceable then won't I be able to get a good short settlement figure? I'm just thinking that if I go down the road of trying to get the charges refunded first and then later trying to prove the account is unenforceable then the whole process will take a lot longer.

The other thing is that I expect that some of these credit card companies will put my case on hold until the big Test Case has been resolved, further delaying my claim.

I was thinking of copying what this person has done unless you have a better letter I could use:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/210992-unenforceable-credit-agreement-may.html

Can anyone confirm if my thinking is correct or am I best definately looking to get charges reclaimed first?

Thanks,

Craig.

with the greast respect, it is obvious some of this is not sinking in.......

the test case has NOTHING to do with CC a/c's, it is solely related to BANK a/c's.

whatever put you in the frame of mind that an unenforcable CCA = the debt is wiped out, you need to forget, that is NOT the case.

an unenforcable CCA, means just that - it is [at present] unenfocable in a court of law, it does not mean that the debt vanishes.

the thread you refer to has several fundemental errors, not least that again, the OP has the notion the debt will disappear, it is also based around regs that have changed in recent times.

going down the route of reclaiming unlawful charges [they are not 'fines'] & p'haps PPI, will reduce the outstanding balances. it is then p'haps the time when you look toward questioning the CCA's legality & if that challenge proves fruitful, suspend monthly payments & further negotiate an F&F figure to close the a/c.

the changes in interest rates that many CCC's have applied are not challengable & cannot be 'reclaimed'. [ but that rate specifically applied to unlawful charges CAN]

ofcourse, all the above, will, extend the period before these people might be off your back, but you had the money in the first place? looking for a way to avoid your debts is not what CAG is about., we offer advise on the lawful way of getting back what is rightly yours and has further contributed to en-debtedness.

dx

• Haha 1

Thanks dx for the information. I clearly did have the wrong end of the stick in my thinking! I also didn't realise the whole test case didn't have bearing upon credit card charges so thanks for clearing that up.

Well just so you know for the past 2 years or so I have been paying my bills through payplan. Payplan works essentially by paying them a lump sum each month and they make a note of how much I owe each creditor at that point. They don't charge a fee also. When I have finished paying the amount that I originally owed creditors when I signed up to Payplan then payplan will contact my creditors and ask for any remaining balance to be wiped off, as essentially all that is left is interest and charges. Some creditors have already frozen the interest actually but most continue to apply interest.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I have 3 options now:

1) From what I understand then if I go down the route of trying to prove that my credit card agreements are unenforceable then the best I can hope for is for the charges over the past 5 years to be wiped off and then a short settlement amount negotiated.

2) Whereas if I continue with Payplan then at the end of the plan there is the potential (no guarantee) that charges and interest will be wiped off (but only from the point when I signed up to paypal - 2 years ago).

3) I could make a short settlement offer to creditors anyway without trying to prove the accounts are unenforceable.

Now that you know a bit more about my situation what do you think I should do and in what order?

Thanks in advance to dx and anyone else that is able to reply,

Craig.

Well just so you know for the past 2 years or so I have been paying my bills through payplan. Payplan works essentially by paying them a lump sum each month and they make a note of how much I owe each creditor at that point. They don't charge a fee also. When I have finished paying the amount that I originally owed creditors when I signed up to Payplan then payplan will contact my creditors and ask for any remaining balance to be wiped off, as essentially all that is left is interest and charges. Some creditors have already frozen the interest actually but most continue to apply interest.

urm... i've never heard of it working that way through payplan or CCCS.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I have 3 options now:

1) From what I understand then if I go down the route of trying to prove that my credit card agreements are unenforceable then the best I can hope for is for the charges over the past 5 years to be wiped off and then a short settlement amount negotiated.

charges wiped off? [where that come from?] - only if you reclaim them [& if you do you'll also get interest at their highest rate & 8% stat int added to the reclaim total]

2) Whereas if I continue with Payplan then at the end of the plan there is the potential (no guarantee) that charges and interest will be wiped off (but only from the point when I signed up to paypal - 2 years ago).

as said never heard of that.

3) I could make a short settlement offer to creditors anyway without trying to prove the accounts are unenforceable.

which they will not accept, they will want the full ammount. you will only be able to make a reduced F&F offer if you find outthe cca is unenforcable.

really not sure where you are getting some of this info from, you REALLY need to do some reading on here.

dx