Balance vs Available on Current Account

NatwestUser09
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi fellow NatWester's

I recently dropped out of University and although I had a Student account, when I started working I opened a current account with Natwest. I arranged for my wages to go into my Student Account originally and everything was fine. Whenever I put something on my card it always showed on my available that it was waiting to come out. i.e. if my balance was £100 but I had spent £50 of it my 'available' would say £50...anyway, that was all fine and perfect.

Recently changed my wages to go into my Current account as Student account is due to expire soon. However, now, any transactions I place on that card obviously, do not come out straight away, but they don't tell me my correct available balance. It was only tonight I realised this as I was checking my online balance and I noticed I had overdrawn by £19 and there was an extra charge of £28 for overdrawing without an 'official' overdraft. So, although my account said I have £100 available I actually only had £50 at the time of my purchase (which I then went and spent £69 resulting in -£19 in my account)

What I want to know, is is anyone else having the same issue where it's not telling you what you have taken out and not giving you your correct balance?? And also, how did you fix the problem. As I said, my student account always showed me the correct amount and to be honest I'm really angry this new current account isn't, as I am now oweing them money when it was their fault to begin with!!

Would be greatful for any replies/solutions!

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi fellow NatWester's

I recently dropped out of University and although I had a Student account, when I started working I opened a current account with Natwest. I arranged for my wages to go into my Student Account originally and everything was fine. Whenever I put something on my card it always showed on my available that it was waiting to come out. i.e. if my balance was £100 but I had spent £50 of it my 'available' would say £50...anyway, that was all fine and perfect.

Recently changed my wages to go into my Current account as Student account is due to expire soon. However, now, any transactions I place on that card obviously, do not come out straight away, but they don't tell me my correct available balance. It was only tonight I realised this as I was checking my online balance and I noticed I had overdrawn by £19 and there was an extra charge of £28 for overdrawing without an 'official' overdraft. So, although my account said I have £100 available I actually only had £50 at the time of my purchase (which I then went and spent £69 resulting in -£19 in my account)

What I want to know, is is anyone else having the same issue where it's not telling you what you have taken out and not giving you your correct balance?? And also, how did you fix the problem. As I said, my student account always showed me the correct amount and to be honest I'm really angry this new current account isn't, as I am now oweing them money when it was their fault to begin with!!

Would be greatful for any replies/solutions!

Thanks

i aggree IMHO bank computerised systems are written to give you MAXIMUM chance of generating charges. and when you compain they will allways have an answer to make it your fault. hopefully someone will be able to advice you soon.