You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

noomill060

Radio 5 live right now!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3986 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Bank charges.

pt2537 is on! Go pt!

Can we claim back to 1995?

I have been subscribing to Martin Lewis' website (moneysavingexpert.com).

I received an email today regarding over zealous bank charges and basically a copy of the email he sent to David Cameron asking for Bank Charges to be refunded as they were unfair and furthermore they should be refunded without the actual recipient of these charges having to reclaim them.

Apparently Mr Cameron never replied but Nick Clegg did :-

Yet Lib Dem leader pledges legislation for AUTOMATIC payback

Three weeks ago, I wrote an open letter to David Cameron here. The Tories had publically said bank charges were unfair, so I asked them if bank charges should be repaid without people needing to ask (read the open letter).

We sent it to his office & parliament, but haven't heard a dicky bird. Yet the leader of the Lib Dems, Nick Clegg MP spotted it...

"Dear Martin, as a subscriber to your weekly email, I saw your recent comments on unfair banking charges. I couldn't agree more with you about the scandalous nature of these charges.

The Liberal Democrats have taken a strong stance on this for a long time - in particular, in our manifesto for complete reform of Britain's banking and financial institutions 'A New Deal for the City', launched in May 2008 where we stated:

'The treatment of charges by the banks borders on the scandalous. It is a continuation of the practice described above: a protected industry seeking to maximise profits by exploiting the weakness of individual consumers who lack information and sophisticated knowledge of products or legal advice. The principle should be established that bank charges must be transparent and cost based.'

In your email, you made a further suggestion that banks should have to pay back all unfair charges automatically if the courts do rule against them. This struck me as an extremely good idea that we should do all we can to put in place. Vince Cable, my shadow Chancellor, and I would be delighted to support your campaign.

We will put a motion before Parliament setting out our support for your idea as soon as the recess is over, which will hopefully put pressure on the government and the banks to act to return the money they so unfairly took from customers.

All the best,

Nick Clegg"

If you are correct Noomill i have loads of bank statements here showing over zealous charges which i intend to reclaim going back to 1998.

Regards.

PB68.

how about back to 1982...got mine everyone! ...!!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.