PCN issued - help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, in need for some advice and was wondering if anyone could help me.

I took my grandad shopping and when i returned to my car I received a pcn for parking on a double yellow line even though the badge was displayed. The reason stated was parking in a restricted street during prescribed hours. When i rang the council the reason they stated was that the badge was half covered, so wasnt clearly displayed. Have i got any grounds to challenge this as these are two separate reasons?

Hi.

It's really only one reason. Without the whole Blue Badge visible, it doesn't give you parking rights on yellow lines, so the contravention would be DYL parking, as stated on the PCN. This sounds correct to me.

You have a case to appeal, if you write a letter explaining what happened and enclosiong a photocopy of the Blue Badge with the serieal number and expiry date showing, so they can see it's valid. There is a lot of Blue Badge misuse around, which is why they'll want to check it.

You can only park in a restricted street (yellow lines) if correctly displaying the Badge in the prescribed manner, which it seems you didn't. You should send a photo copy of the badge with a letterasking for them to use their discretion and cancel the PCN. There is a lot of BB fraud and abuse and it is vital that ALL the details on the badge are clearly visible.