residents bay that used to be pay and display

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys can anyone please help me?

I parked in a bay that has recently been changed to a residents only from a pay and display in enfield (Wilford close) im not sure when it changed, (i even bought a ticket for an hours worth of parking that i have kept) i looked on the net and i think it was last month. The sign that says residents only was leaning over can this help my case? do i even have a case? I think it is really unfair but thats life i guess.

Anyway any help would be very apprecated.

Many thanks in advance, Adam.

You've got a fair chance of having it cancelled if you appeal on mitigating circumstances, as you thought you were complying and even paid for parking. (INclude a copy of your P&D ticket if you appeal.)

There might be other avenues though - in terms of the location, why was the P&D machine still in use? (were there other P&D bays still available in that street?)

To what extent was the sign visible? Was there just one sign next to that bay?

Can you ascertain if the TRO had been amended prior to the change? (Probably was, but you never know.)

The TRO defines what the regulations should be for that bay. It will have said pay & display, and should now say residents permit bay. If for some reason this hasn't been done, then the enforcement of the bay is invalid.

I think you'd have to enquire with the council if it's something you want to investigate further. It's not unknown for the signs to change before the TRO is in place, and the appeals team may not even realise if this is the case.

Depends how much time and effort you want to put in. You could just appeal on discretion - genuine mistake.

Ok thanks for all the help guys.

What do you think i should do? appeal on the sign being skew-whiff or just a genuine mistake as it was, im thinking that they will have alot of people trying this "genuine mistake" though.

Thanks again.

I'll help you draft an appeal letter.

A skew-iff sign isn't going to be much of an argument, if it was clearly readable. If it was unreadable, that's different.

Could you confirm the state of the sign, and whether the P&D machine you used was still next to this bay (ie the same machine you would have used prior to the change in the bay regulations), or if there were other P&D bays still in the same street.

If you can post the answers to these, I'll put together a draft letter you can use.