You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Well, you've highlighted the problem yourself, whatever you decide will carry some risk.   However, I would think the risk of a default judgement & CCJ is to be avoided at all costs and the least worse thing would be to write them a two-line letter with their reference number and your new address.   As usual, any details you can give us on the forum sticky would be useful for the future      
    • That the value I paid for.. 250..  The cctv footage it's archived. 2 of them.. 
    • No copy of signature.. Just a name "jolly"... On tracking no proof of signature 
    • Thanks for the message that is what I thought. In the mean time they have sent another message, below, I can’t follow up with Amazon until 48 hours. But I will go armed.    “Your return period is 30 days with ourselves and then you are covered under the manufacturer’s warranty.”    
    • OK, I found the letter I was looking for:     Dear Sir/Madam,   Reference: [order number]   On [date], I placed an order for a [item] and it was delivered by you on [date].   I have discovered that the [item] has the following problem: [give details].   The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract that goods be as described, of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose.    Any returns policy that says I have to cover the cost of returning items must only relate to the situation where I change my mind about the item ordered and not where there is a problem with the item.    I should not lose out financially as a result of your breach of contract and accordingly all costs of returning the item should be met by you.    I also require you to confirm you will arrange for [the item] to be collected.   I look forward to hearing from you.   Yours faithfully, [Your name]
  • Our picks

• Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
anon_1

Redundancy - Confusing situation

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3989 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sorry for the length of this post, I’m just in a really confusing redundancy situation.

The company I work for has re-tended for a two part contract (part A and part B) that it currently runs, during the retender the company lost most of part B of the contract and only managed to retain part A. The contract has a contract manager, three support managers and three assistant support. On the 20th July we (three support managers and three assistants) had an unexpected meeting where we were informed that because of the detrimental impact on the contract, it puts the company in a position that means our jobs are at risk as a restructure will be necessary due to a drop in headcount. We were informed at this meeting that we would have individual meetings on Thursday with the time to be confirmed. On Wednesday 22nd July we were again called to a meeting in the main office about an audit, at the end of this meeting we were given our invite letters to attend the individual meeting the next day. In this letter it states that as a result of the retender and some clients opting out of part A and going with part B, then there is a need to restructure to take into account the diminished requirements of the contract. There are over 20 staff being consulted for TUPE to the new contractor for part B.

At the individual meeting we were informed that the selection criteria they were using was strictly an interview and 10 minute presentation and they would not take into account any thing like length of service, absence and performance reviews due to us all being so close. They said they would have to look at these factors if the interview and presentations were closely scored. The presentation would be on how we envisage the new contract would be run and should include 6 factors, an example of these are staffing levels and budget. This was confirmed in a letter we received. When I sent an email asking to see a copy of the contract to enable me to prepare my presentation, we were all sent an email saying the contract had not been drawn up and we had to work on best guesses based on our current contract.

On Friday 31st July I gave my presentation and interview (which I didn’t feel went very well), on Monday 3rd August at about I was informed by the contract manager that I had scored the lowest in both the presentation and interview so it was me. There is another position as a support manager on another contract that the company has which was advertised, when the contract manager asked if I wanted to apply for it, I said I didn’t have much choice as it was either that or redundancy. I was informed that HR would have a meeting with me on Wednesday 5th August as I was off on a lieu day on the 4th. An email was sent to me saying I had a meeting in the other contract on Thursday 6th August. On Friday 7th August I received a phone call from HR saying I’d been unsuccessful at the other contract as they were concerned that I was so quite and were unsure how I would deal with staff who ‘get in your face’. They also said they thought I didn’t wanted to be there as when they asked the question why I want to be there I apparently said I didn’t have much choice. The other contract was a significant drop in income (21%), involved a lot more travel over an hour away compared to the three minutes I presently have to travel. When I took everything into account i.e. increase in petrol and decrease in income I would have a decrease in income of about £7500. I would have done the job as its work that I know. They have now re-advertised this position. I have had no further letters since the one received at the individual meeting, I have been informed that I will have a meeting with my contract manager and HR on the week commencing 17th August.

I need to know what questions I should ask at this meeting as I have never been in this position before. I have worked for the company for over 4 years. If the reason they are using is the reduction in the contract, losing part B should the managers and assistant support not be protected under TUPE law around 33% of the current work force is on the TUPE list

Hi Anon,

I know this is a poor show, especially from the site team, but I'm too tired, and no-one likes TUPE!

Ignoring, any argument, that your dismissal was /will be predicated by the TUPE, and thus unfair (and I'm too tired to check this now), the consultation on the redundancy, seems wholly inadequate.

A very poor, limited scope, subjective and unilaterally imposed selection criteria as described by you, could alone make your dismissal unfair.

Rather that the usual referral to 'interpretation' based websites, you would be surprised how understandable and well drafted (if a little lengthy), some of the leading case law on redundancy dismissals are.

google this happy crowd of claimants:

Williams v Compair Maxam [1982] ICR 156, EAT

Murray v Foyle Meats [1999] ICR 827, HL

W Devis & Sons Ltd v Atkins [1977] IRLR 314, HL

Hope this helps

Che

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]