You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Here is what exposes Johnson & Co Commission document, makes for sober reading   Wonder if Snake Oil Singham has read and digested it?   https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/brexit_files/info_site/com_2020_324_2_communication_from_commission_to_inst_en_0.pdf
    • Must be a positive if the Insurers are now using the legislation as it was intended. It is just that I have not heard of it being used for Car Insurance, as the 22% comes from the Insurers rating calculations, which is not available information to the Policyholder. With Home Insurance, if you Insured a Building for £100k, when it should have been Insured for £122k, it is easier to grasp.   The Insurers would have issued the policy documents clearly showing that no motoring offences had been included within the premium calculation and the OP has had 5 months to correct the record with Insurers before the accident.   Perhaps probe the Insurers on the 22%. Can they provide evidence from their Underwriting rating guidance that this is the extra premium for 2 SP30's.
    • Moorcroft are just a first DCA that Natwest use, after Natwest have stopped chasing it.   The debt is still owned by Natwest and is currently sat with Moorcroft, but in a pile with many thousands of others.   If your new postal address is showing on your credit file, Moorcroft would have sent letters if they thought this was a priority debt to chase.     
    • We signed up to a credit reference agency.  Got an email this morning saying a search had been carried out in my husband’s name.  It’s by Moorcroft who are doing it on behalf of NatWest. Do we worry?  It’s been over 6 years since last payment and we wrote to NatWest in January advising of our new address.  They and Moorcroft both emailed an old email address which we have access to but never use asking us to confirm our address.  We didn’t respond to it.
    • Hi   I am sorry to hear of your recent loss   The Club I assume you joined would more than likely have had Terms & Conditions, Data Protection, Privacy Policy and did you sign any Agreement to join that CLub?   On Facebook did they actually Name (use your name) on the posts or did they use mum/mother etc?   As has been asked could you give us some background for your reason to send the SAR. If they have refused to give you certain Personal Data under your SAR request then I would suggest writing to them and refering to your SAR Request and their refusal to provide XYZ you requested and that you require clarification as to why this was refused and under exactly which Article of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDOR) they are relying on for this refusal.   The Clubs Constitution is only how the Club is setup you need to ask them for copies of the following:   Data Protection Policy   Privacy Policy (note the above policies may be on that Clubs website if they have one)   This link breaksdowns the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR): https://www.privacy-regulation.eu/en/index.htm      
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3984 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, New to the forum but really need some advice.

My LL used to live in my house so has that added attachment to the property, including telling me how to clean the kitchen floor! I'm a busy working mum of 4, and while my house isn't always tidy it is certainly clean! We began to have problems with the boiler about a year ago. Twice we had engineers out to fix the problem. The third time it went the engineer called my LL and told him we needed a new boiler, he told the engineer to 'fix it up best he could'. The boiler then packed up completely and the LL told me to get some quotes for a new one which I did the same day. A week and a half later my boyfriend was visiting and decided to text the LL as he still hadn't fixed the boiler and we had no hot water and no heating. My boyfriend stated that I was well within my rights to withhold rent as a result of this. Lo and behold a gas fitter turned up the next day. Unfortunately the LL has now refused to let my boyfriend move in, bearing in mind this was probably about 6 months ago. I've tried to reason with him as without my boyfriends help with the children I can't work as much, ergo I can't afford the rent. We just want to build a stable family unit for the children but it seems his only reason is this one text. There are a multitude of problems with the house such as a leaking kitchen ceiling and illegal electrics that he keeps 'repairing'. I also thik he's been in the property when I'm not there.

Sorry to go on but I don't know where to go from here..

The other problem is my neighbour. She is a strange woman to say the least. She takes offense at the slightest thing. We had a couple of friends round for dinner, we were too noisy....my children were sleeping soundly upstairs! rather than pop round to say something is bothering her she calls the council which makes us look like we are awful neighbours. I know she has 2 young children, one of which is autistic so I take special care to keep noise to a minimum and turn a blind eye....or ear....when I hear her screaming obscenities at them. There are lots of things she complains about which seem minimal but it's becoming an almost weekly occurrence and I'm starting to get quite depressed and losing the will to fight back.

Again, sorry to rant so much but I'm at my wits end!

Ok, with regard to your partner moving in, have a look at your tenancy agreement. Does it state how many people (adults and children) are permitted to live there? If it doesn't state anything, then the LL has no right to dictate to you who you have residing with you at the property, unless or until that person causes some sort of problem by being there. After all, if you married your partner, the matrimonial laws will take over and treat him as a joint tenant, loosely.

One thing I will say to you, I've said it to many women on here, do not, whatever the circumstances, try to get a joint tenancy with your partner. Even if your LL was minded to grant you one, think wise, keep the tenancy in your name, and let yourself have control of your own housing.

The neighbour, well, make a careful record for about 4 weeks, of all incidents she complains about, especially if you have visitors, note down who they are, what they are there for, and what time they arrive/leave etc. So that if she keeps making silly complaints, you will have a good record - if the allegations are false it won't belong before she slips up and accuses you of doing something at a time you were out. You could also note down, or better still record discreetly, the noise you are overhearing, or anything else that is happening to disturb you. Just as some ammunition if the Council do decide to listen to her - although if you are not causing these problems, the Council can monitor as much as they like and truth will tell.

By far the best way, and its worth a last ditch attempt, is to ask her in for a coffee, sit down and talk about it. And record that you have done this in case this upsets her even more - you can only try and be reasonable. Better that way than fighting for years to come!

Thanks for the advice. I did try and sit her down and it was ok for a while then started again. It's all a bit of a moot point now anyway as the LL has served me notice (I've posted about this today as I had some questions about it)

I'll definitely take on board all you have said for future reference.

Oh, what a shame, but this could be your way into social housing if you now go and make a homeless application.;) If you sit tight, jump through all their hoops, good could come out of this for you. Good luck and bye bye nutty neighbour!