You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

outofluck

Esporta & ARC

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3988 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I visited the website a while ago but I can't find the thread so apologies for starting a new one.

Basically I signed up to an Esporta gym in Bristol. I stopped using it after about 6 months but carried on paying out the 12 months. In fact I think I did closer to 14/15 months as I expected the Direct Debits to stop not realising I had to cancel that myself.

When I signed the sales person who went through the contract with me told me if I cancelled before the 12 months I would have to give 3 months notice as well as writing to them explaining why. He never told me that would still be applicable after the 12 months.

So I cancelled the Direct Debit, and then a week later I was getting hounded by the gym. I never actually spoke to them and then I had ARC ringing me and txting me. It's been about 5 months now and they seem to contact me less and less. I don't receive more than one phone call a week and I have only had 2 letters in that time so I don't know if that is luring me in to a false sense of security or whether i'm extremely low priority.

I took the advice of some forum users to send the "prove it" letter, but had no response to that. I sent it recorded delivery. I don't know if I sent it to the right place or not. I sent it to Trevor Munn solicitors who sent me the letters.

The most recent letter of the 2 stated I owed over £200 in solicitors fees and other costs.

Also they have apparently sent baillifs round to my previous address (I didn't actually witness this myself) without notifying me or even ever having any contact with me, is that legal??

Other than the prove it letter I have completely ignored them.

I don't have a copy of the contract I signed as I have misplaced it.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated as i'm getting pretty stressed about it and I just want to know what they can do to me..

This is the link to your original thread; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/202107-please-help.html

The most recent letter of the 2 stated I owed over £200 in solicitors fees and other costs.

Also they have apparently sent baillifs round to my previous address (I didn't actually witness this myself) without notifying me or even ever having any contact with me, is that legal??

Not unless he's got a court order.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

So would that be something that would go in my favour if this did go any further? I keep meaning to go to the CAB but I don't get a lot of time to myself around work so am struggling which is why any more help would be greatly appreciated.