Lowell financial default to Vodafone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Lowell have issued a default notice on my credit file for a Vodafone contract agreement that is not covered by the consumer credit act, as Lowell informed me when I asked for a CCA. My question is, how can they issue a default when they are not the originator of the contract? and can I request its removal from my file as it is now the only 'black mark' on my file.

Cheers guys.

yes they can register a default as buying using the vodafone service you would have agreed to the vodafone t and c's.

yu can request it but be doubtful that tey would unless it has been applied by fault

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi Ida,

Many thanks for the info. I requested a copy of the original T&C from Lowell, who stated they did not need to provide these as the agreement was not covered by the CC Act. Surley I can request a copy of the original contract and the T&C, and if they cannot provide these the debt would therefore be deemed unenforceable?

Kind regards,

John

yes you can but this would need t be done by sending a sar direct to voadafone

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Thanks Ida, though somewhat confused. If Lowell have obviously purchased the debt from Vodafone, surely the onus is on them to provide evidence of entitlement etc.

John

not really, it's not the same as if it were covered by the cca.