HELP US PLEASE!! Merc Finance will not help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I hope someone can help or give me some advice:(

My Husband has a car which he has leased for 3 years, at the end of the 3 years, he could have given the car back - no charge, instead he signed up for another year and was told that he could give the car back at any time within the year, so he is paying over £800 a month for a car over 3 years old. I said it would be better to return the car and pay less each month for another car. Merc Finance have said NO, it has to run out at the end of the year he extended...

Surely seeing as he has done the 3 years and extended for another year but was told that he could return at anytime, they cannot do this. It is a shame he has not proof of this, it was a telephone call. The problem is that £800 a month is a lot to pay out each month for us. What do you suggest we do??:confused:

Please help, even if you say we have to just suck it up, please let us know. Thanks in advance

Thanks raydetinu, I have asked them for a copy of the terms and conditions. I looked at the details my hubby signed and the extended contract was basically tick these boxes and indicate the following - i appreciate that the terms and conditions of the original contract still apply.

What is a bit annoying is the fact that they never resent out terms and conditions of the lease. They did 3 years ago, but no new one since. I have asked them for a copy of it.

Ack, I wish my hubby had been more careful! Thanks for the advice, please keep it coming, I sense a long battle ahead :-(