style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi just had a nice man at my door who handed me a letter saying attendance letter the clearance of goods

saying thats i got 48 hrs before they turn up and enter my house with police if neccessary to remove my property

can someone give me some advice please like do i have to let them in

its for council tax

he told me that they had sent letters but i not received any

and that he would be back in 48 hrs to collect the full amount 1600

and could i borrow the money so he wont have to take my property

we just talked on the doorstep and no i didnt sign anything

he told me he would just be back in 48 hrs to remove items

also told me he didnt want to stay too long today so i could find someone to lend me the money as the time he spend talking to me costs me more

we just talked on the doorstep and no i didn't sign anything

he told me he would just be back in 48 hrs to remove items

also told me he didn't want to stay too long today so i could find someone to lend me the money as the time he spend talking to me costs me more

rubbish rubbish and more rubbish getting spouted from a bailiffs mouth

1) he cant come back in 48hrs and remove goods

2) he can talk all day the most he can charge for this visit is £24.50

if this is his first visit

did you get his name is he certificated

On line search to check if a Bailiff is Certificated

have a good read round do not under any circumstances let him in

if you have a car park as far away from your home as you can

do not leave ant hying in the garden not even a spade the bailiff will levy on it and this will add more charges to your account

dose any of this fit your circumstances

Those who might be potentially vulnerable include:

• the elderly;
  • people with a disability;
  • the seriously ill;
  • the recently bereaved;
  • single parent families;
  • pregnant women;
  • unemployed people; and,
  • those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or reading English

what gets me though is in the letter it says he called today with transportation to remove your goods well i live in a cul de sac and there was no cars or vans parked that i didnt recognise

none of the above apply but will move everything out of garden and put them in garage n shed

keep everything locked including the shed

what gets me though is in the letter it says he called today with transportation to remove your goods

he can call in a jumbo jet if he likes is charges are the same

my first time of having bailiffs at my door which it is

i wish you hadn't told him that:)

also told me he didn't want to stay too long today so i could find someone to lend me the money as the time he spend talking to me costs me more

Now the thinks he can charge/and say what he likes because you don't know any different

did you check to see if he is certificated

i didnt tell him it was my first time he said that

the whole conversation seemed weird as if he didnt expect anyone home n i was at door before he could knock as my dog was going mental at window and the bloke was someone i didnt know so thats why i opened door ans asked what he wanted

just wondering what do i need to do to stop him coming back and if he does how to deal with him

going to write to the council and arrange payment with them but do need some advice what to do in the mean time

just wondering what do i need to do to stop him coming back and if he does how to deal with him

going to write to the council and arrange payment with them but do need some advice what to do in the mean time

you are doing the right thing writing to the council if the council refuse to help get in touch with your M.P.

all letters should be sent by recorded delivery to the bailiff and the council

make a copy to keep for your own records

there is not much you can do about the bailiff coming to your house

the bailiff wants a levy thats how they make there money and your job is to stop him getting a levy

this is the template letter for sending to the bailiffs/ council amend for your circumstances it is important to say that you are not refusing to pay

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Your Reference

I understand XXX Council has appointed you to recover my Council Tax Liability arrears for 200x of £xxxx.

Firstly I would like to make you aware that I am fully aware of my rights and you will not gain entry to my home under any circumstances to levy goods and I know the fees allowed under statute and when these fees can be applied.

Due to my circumstances I am unable to pay this in one payment. I advocate a payment schedule of 24 months with 23 months payments at £xx.xx and the balance of £xx.xx to be paid on the 24th month to cover the principle. I understand this may seem a long time but this is a realistic offer that is affordable to me and will allow me to pay future bills issued for Council Tax without them falling into arrears. A greater amount would cause me real and actual hardship.

I am able to pay the above amount on the xx of each month, as an act of good faith I have enclosed the first payment chq number xxxxxx. Please advise how you would like future payments made. My personal preference is payment by Standing Order.

It should be noted that I am not at any point refusing to pay this debt but only asking for a fair payment period considering my circumstances. And if you are unable to accept my offer I will place the money aside each month until such a time the council take the account back into their management, when I will make payment of the set aside money to the council.

Please also send an itemised statement of account that clearly shows what charges have been added and what for, you are required in statute to supply this information and I look forward to this within 14 days.

I am sending the council a copy of this letter and requesting that it be filled with my account for further reference.

I hope the above meets your approval and I look forward to your timely reply by letter.

Yours faithfully,

Hi imogenmums, I am in a ruck with Rundle & Co and I have checked their bailiff on the register and he is not there! I suggest you do the same and listen to all the great advice from everyone on here, they are fantastic and can actually save you losing your sanity, by arming you with knowledge!!

Good Luck JQ

just reread the letter that he gave me yesterday it gives the amount i owe but nothing about their fees have they included this into the total amount

more that likely

do you know how much the liability order was for deduct that amount from his total