style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am so angry today and really need a good old rant, to cut a long story short i have been successful against barclaycard for all ppi payments plus interest for the last nine years, had a letter this morning saying they are crediting my barclaycard with said amount despite me asking for a cheque ok i thought better than nothing, phoned barclaycard to check the amount and theyve cut my credit limit by the amount refunded!!! what a bunch of ******** never missed a payment in my life!!!!! i am abosu;utely fuming!!:-x

Don't blame you. Thought they weren't allowed to do that though? Did they give a reason?

Looked at your thread as I'm considering going after Barclaycard for PPI.

That is unfair check your terms and conditions first and if it says nothing there complaint to barclays and if you get no result there complain to the FOS

Regards

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

i was so angry i just bypassed barclays and complained directly to the fos regarding the fact that i asked for payment by cheque and that they reduced my credit limit by the exact amount on the same day so ill just hang on and hope something comes of it but ill keep you posted. ive got another 2 barclays ppi complaints with the fos at the mo, seems like theyre not great to deal with from my perpective anyway. good luck with yours :-x

Thanks - from what I've seen on here they sometimes agree to pay the PPI charge back but not the interest on it. I've noticed that other people are having total nightmares with them!

hi jan they did pay the interest with no quibles prob cause they knew they were going to slash my limit! am i sounding a wee bit cynical here!:-)

Cynical, not at all you would be surprised at what they get up to.

I have a very big PPI claim with the Co-op bank and as soon as they got wind of what i was up to they made it very difficult indeed even going as far as issuing two default notices on the account which was a clear dispute.

One think for sure though the banks of today are doing a really good job of alienating there customers and the ones they depend on.

Let them carry on because the public will only take so much.

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Abbey were as bad as the rest on bank charges ... but have been OK generally. Haven't had PPI from them though, don't know what they're like for that. But they did pay out with no hassle to my sister-in-law when my brother died (paid mortgage off I mean). But then so they should have.

Think we've been brainwashed into being grateful when they do what they should do and what we're paying them for!