You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• threads merged  please keep to one thread per issue.   dx  
    • read it proprly.. it doesn't say WILL anything and original creditors don't do court as they don't want the judge delving into their business model nor the bad publicity.   as for the FOS you just have to let it run. yours is a very short time since yo put it into them typically it always takes 6-9mts normally before they move on anything though they usually send you an ACK they have the complaint.        
    • Since the last post on this thread I have sent a complaint to the FOS but have not heard anything from them as yet either, I'm guessing they're rather snowed under and on reduced staff so no real surprise.   Still had nothing approaching help from lending stream but today they emailed me default notices for the loans, again demanding I phone them and pay up in full or they will begin court proceedings.   Any advice as to how I should proceed please?
    • Hi,   I received two PCNs in October 2019 from Havering Council. All the below applies to both PCNs, as the correspondences were at the same time:   Fast forward to February 2020, I file witness statements on grounds that I made representations within 28 days but did not receive a rejection notice.   The TEC cancelled charges.   Havering write to me asking for supporting evidence of representations that I made.   I email them screenshots with timestamps of the representations.   In early March Havering reply to me by email 'confirming receipt of email and both cases are now on hold pending an investigation. Please allow time for a full response to be sent.'   Fast forward to 18th June Havering write to me the attached:  Havering Charge Certificate.pdf   Now, it seems as though the sender of this letter is not up to date with both cases and is unaware of the TEC's decisions, as well as the email correspondence.   My questions are, 1) What should I do next? and 2) Is there a way to use their misstep to avoid paying for the PCN entirely?   Thank you.
    • New app launched by Veteran owned UK     READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-app-launched-by-veteran-owned-uk
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 6 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3978 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have posted before regarding Ross and Roberts and council tax arrears. I have been trying to negotiate a payment plan with the council but they won't deal with me. Every time I speak to someone they just tell me that I have to deal with the bailiff and any payments that I have made to the council aren't enough. Basically, I really don't want to deal with the bailiff, but I can't afford what the council are asking. Bailiff has no WPO or levy, and has not gained any entry to my home. I am alone most of the day with 3 children the youngest of whom is 15 weeks. What should I do now?

get in touch with your M P now

I have looked in to seeing my MP, but his surgery is on Monday and I've just had another visit from the bailiff. My 9 year old daughter was terrified as he stood, banging on the door very loudly for several minutes.

until you get in touch with your M P phone your local councillor

and don't let him in under any circumstances if you have a car don't leave it near your home the bailiff will levy on it and this will add more charges to your account

there is nothing? to stop you from paying 'something' via internet banking into the council's A/C.

details are on the reverse of most bills.

might help your case in their eyes.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

If it's relevant, the council is Portsmouth. Don't know if anyone else has dealt with them. The woman I spoke to said that I had "no chance" of sorting it with them and that I had to deal with the bailiff.

there is nothing? to stop you from paying 'something' via internet banking into the council's A/C.

details are on the reverse of most bills.

might help your case in their eyes.

dx

I did this a couple of weeks ago with a cheque. They cashed it, then told me that because it was only £30 (all I could afford) they have no intention of taking the bailiffs off the case.

probaly not but aleast it shows willing.

you are classed as vunerable too, can't see why they are being so stubborn, unles the debt is years old and you are behind this year also.

there are some good threads about this here.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

I've just checked, and the bailiff isn't certified. I searched by both his company and by his name.

Ministry of Justice Public Register of Bailiffs on 020 3334 6355

phone this number to confirm he is not a certificated bailiff

if he is not certificated he should not be collecting council tax debt

Certificated bailiffs — enforce a variety of debts on behalf of organisations such as local authorities. They can seize and sell your goods to cover the amount of the debt you owe. They also hold a certificate, which enables them, and them alone, to levy distress for rent, road traffic debts, council tax and non-domestic rates. They cannot enforce the collection of money due under High Court or county court orders

And if he is not a bailiff you write a very strong letter of complaint to the

CHIEF EXECUTIVE of your council and to Ross and Roberts

by the way just noticed it Ross and Roberts did you put it in search like this

Ross & Roberts

Yes I searched Ross & Roberts. I got the names of all their other employees but he wasn't on there so I searched by his name too.

What you need to do as well as the info you have already been given is write a repayment plan out and send to the council with a payment and stick to it Don't give them cause to doubt you...

You are not breaking the law by not paying the bailiffs and both sides no this and so do all of us on here...

So with your payment plan tell thenm you will not be dealing with any bailiffs as your not obliged to you will send your payments to the council weekly or monthly which ever you choose. they wil soon get the picture tell them also you now know your rights and its not against the law to deal with bailiffs..

But please don't let them in or sign anything for them

GOOD LUCK