account 'on hold' - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There

I am currently in dispute in regard to a loan for 18500, which Cabot ltd claim I owe them.

After reading numerous posts on this website, I sent them the CCA request letter, which they duly ackowledged. on 12 Feb 2009, Cabot conceded that they could not locate the original paperwork and were unable to obtain this from the 'original lender'. They stated as a gesture of goodwill, they would place the account on hold.

Since that point I have heard nothing further. This is good, but not ideal, as I am in limbo. They have obviously failed under their CCA requirements to provide me with the information in the proscribed timescales - so what is my next point of redress. I am leaving the UK for good in September, and would like some resolution to this before then.

If they can't provide the evidence, should they 'close' this account off and remove it from my record.

ANY help that you could give would be most appreciated! thanks!

Welcome to the CAG forums....they may possibly be able to obtain the CCA from the depths of the storage rooms of the original creditor, but up until that time then the debt will be unenforceable, of course they may sell it on to Ruthbridge or Mackenzie Hall after a while (is a default showing on your personal files ?)....you might also find this thread of interest too - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/115280-useful-information.html

if they haven't found it in 6 months, I doubt they will find it!

forget about it.

it's gone! until you hear otherwise.

worst that can happen, you get a CCJ whilst you are away.

when you come back, good grounds for a set aside as you didn't receive paperwork.

Carpe Jugulum