Changing car insurance while waiting for responsibility to be decided.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been with my insurance company for 4/5 years, fully comp & pay monthly direct debit.

At the begining of the year I was involved in an accident that resulted in my car being written off. I received the market value for the car about a month later.

The accident was not my fault but the female driver refused to claim responsibity & even refused to give me her details so I called the police.

I have been given a quote for compensation relating to my back injury received as a consequence of the accident but have been informed this is not an offer as such as responsibility has still not been established.

I have legal cover through my insurance who are dealing with the case & they have said there is a resistance by the other party to give statements etc. I have supplied the lawyer with photographs of the scene.

The point I am getting at is this, after searching for insurance quotes recently I have found a few which half my existing premium (& monthly payments). Can I take out new cover with a new company & cancel my existing cover/or not renew cover (which does expire on the 16th August) & if I do will my existing lawyer (thro' my legal cover) still pursue the case on my behalf?

yes you can take alt cover,but the fact the claim is still unresolved will have baring as this will be still be classed as a fault claim.

even if you do switch insurers you legal cover will still pursue as you have paid for that period of insurance that the accident occurred.

if you switch mid term you may be asked to pay the full premium, if you have already done so there will be no return of premium until the claim is resolved.

Thanx,that's great news. I informed my new insurance company that there was an ongoing claim with liability to be decided, but it still came out half the price of my present policy which has NCD protected. The female driving had only been driving two weeks when she went through a give way straight into me, drivers side so she seems to be dragging her feet hoping it will go away. I'm also out £150 excess which i won't get back until this is settled.