You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3984 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I have an old debt of around £1500. It was from a store card I think, actually I cant remember which one - I think it was a Currys one. It is from around 14 years ago.

Originally I did make payments on the card. But then money became tight and I stopped. I did the typical head in sand type of thing and ignored it and all the nasty letters.

Twelve years ago I got married and moved house. I didn't inform the credit/debt company - actually I cannot remember who 'held' the debt by that point. It was possibly in the hands of the collections department of Curry's. After moving I heard nothing for about a year until a letter came from a debt company, in my maiden name, to my new address. Not quite sure how they found it, but they did. I ignored it.

About a year later a debt collector turned up at the door, asking for me by my maiden name. I panicked and told him that there was nobody of that name living at this address - technically true. After that I heard nothing for about 9 years.

Then this year the letters have started up again. First from Aktiv Kapital who said they had bought the debt. They wanted me to phone them. I didn't so they sent more letters saying someone would call at my address. I ignored those.

I've today had a letter from CSSCollect.co.uk debt collectors saying they have been authorised by Aktiv Kapital to recover the full amount. They say I must pay within 7 days or they will take it to court. If a court order is obtained they say they can seize my property, make deductions from my wages (they'll have a job - I am a stay at home carer of 2 disabled kids) and make it difficult to get credit in the future (obviously).

Thing is, why all of a sudden, after about 9 years have they started up again? I have never acknowleged the debt, never told them my married name, never confirmed that it is me living at this address. It's been over 14 years now, haven't heard a thing from them for over 9 years until this year.

Anyone know where I stand on this?

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/599-letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

statute barred without a doubt.

send this recorded.

and welcome to cag:)

SAM

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile: