You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Vonotar

If landlord didn't pay check-in cost should we (tenants) pay check-out costs?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3976 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Our lease agreement says under the landlord's obligations that they 'pay for the cost of the Check-In inventory'. For the tenants additional charges it says that we 'pay for the cost of the Check-Out inventory'.

If an inventory check in wasn't done should we have to pay for all of the inventory check out? I think an inventory check out is fine - since all of the stuff is there from the start of the lease, but the inventory report they gave us had a lot of factual errors - such as the washer/dryer and dishwasher actually being a different brand (they were replaced years ago).

Should I suggest we go halves?

Thanks in advance

Did you have a copy of the inventory which should have been done, in your presence, or gone through and agreed in your presence? And then signed and dated by yourself? Right at the start of your tenancy?

You need this document and if they can't provide it, then an inventory wasn't done when your tenancy commenced (which you already suspect anyway because of the makes of the appliances).

When it comes to check out, without this document they have no proof of the condition of the property when you moved in, therefore they cannot accuse you of damages etc. Likewise with the check out - make sure you are present, and sign only if you agree with what is recorded.

As to charging you for it, well, at the end of the day the agency is a business and it seems to me they can charge what they like, and you have signed your agreement to this. So, given that you will probably have to pay for it you should make sure you get your money's worth by them doing their job properly! You can point out to them that it will help them greatly with the next tenant in!;)

Hi,

An inventory report was sent to us after we moved in, based on old inventory. I tried to correct the obvious things and let them know. So yeah they can't hold us liable for any differences.

I'm sure they'll try though as they are extremely dodgy.

Thanks for your assistance.

J

Did you have a copy of the inventory which should have been done, in your presence, or gone through and agreed in your presence? And then signed and dated by yourself? Right at the start of your tenancy?

You need this document and if they can't provide it, then an inventory wasn't done when your tenancy commenced (which you already suspect anyway because of the makes of the appliances).

When it comes to check out, without this document they have no proof of the condition of the property when you moved in, therefore they cannot accuse you of damages etc. Likewise with the check out - make sure you are present, and sign only if you agree with what is recorded.

As to charging you for it, well, at the end of the day the agency is a business and it seems to me they can charge what they like, and you have signed your agreement to this. So, given that you will probably have to pay for it you should make sure you get your money's worth by them doing their job properly! You can point out to them that it will help them greatly with the next tenant in!;)