You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

loshin

Uncle Buck - what to do?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3983 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have a loan with Uncle Buck which I cant afford to pay off in full, but im starting to struggle with the 60 quid a month interest payments they are taking. I dont know what to do. I was going to cancel card and get another one but Im scared they will just try and take the money from my account. I am looking into getting a new bank account but that will take time, HELP!!!!

Thanks

Hi Loshin

These lot are akward as they are reluctant to agree to repayment plans over 3 months unless they are getting at least £100 per month of you.

They will try and set up direct debits so you will need to watch your account like a hawk. Make sure you card is cancelled. they will threaten you with a DCA called Meritforce but In some cases MF they just pass back to Uncle Buck if the demands are too unreasonable.

A new account is always a good idea and can be done quickly.

i have yet to see Uncle Buck win in these forums (yet!)

Get a new account asap, I have just gone onto a Debt Relief Order and I walked into my local Barclays branch and within 10 minutes, I had an account opened and ready to go, it just takes upto a week to get a new card. Can you go without a card for a week, Advise your bank to refuse transactions they try to make as the account is in dispute.

August 2010 - Debt Relief Order Ends! :)

Complaint with FOS re: Bank Charges - Financial Hardship

Email me for advice on DRO/DMP

If I have been of any help, Please tickle my scales