Complaint letter/How long for response?

angryandy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello people

I have just wrote my second complaint letter to my local council over a housing benefit dispute which i eventually won.

At the time the council were threatening bailiff action and/or legal action against me for an apparent 'overpayment' of benefits.

It turned out that i won the appeal and infact the council owed me money. I recieved a three page letter of apology off the council but this wasn't good enough for me as the three months of stress, harassement and slander i had recieved was worth more than apology.

On to my question then

I understand the council have 10 working days to respond to my complaint, but do i have to have the response in my hand in this time or do they just have to type it up and send it on the tenth day?

Please let me know as the ten working days is up tomorrow.

Thanks in advance

Andy...

Andy...

See my reply

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

It would be 10 working days to type everything up and post it to you, although I think it should really be 10 working days in which you should receive the reply.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

Thanks Installspark.

The ten days were actually up yesterday and at half six i recieved a phone call off the complaints manager who is dealing with this. Sounded like he was stalling for more time to me. Let me explain.

He phoned up and then had the cheek to ask if this was a second stage complaint to which i responded 'you know it is'. He was adamant he didn't realise it was a second stage complaint and when i pointed out that it was on the councils system as 'must have a reply by the 13th August' he soon went quiet. He then asked if we thought we would take the complaint to the next level after we recieve his response. I replied with 'it depends on the response and as i have said before apology letters are not good enough'. He even admitted on the phone what a terrible time we must have been through and to me i think he was just testing the water with us to see if he could just brush us off with a phone call.

I will keep you updated on this. For now though i look forward to recieving the grovelling letter that no doubt i will have sent to me!!

Andy...