You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• thanks for the response   The items arrived totally damaged and our customer sent them back and we had to re make all of the items again. This cost was just over £7000. Yes we are on a creidt type account, I asked for the compensation on the problem delivery and they decided to lie and cheat and then close the complaint. we did take photos and so did my customer, DPD said they could not use them as it didnt show enough detail. this again is untrue.    The invoice we are with holding is £530  We had to remake all of the work as mentioned above.    I hope this helps a little more  
    • Hi I use Martin Lewis Credit club and if I click on the defaults they say ‘account settled’ and the dates range from December 17 to Feb 18 under each tab. It also states the name of the new debt owner now and says last updated.    Will that be the default  dates or will I find it elsewhere?         
    • Hi Andy, yes they did + another £600 for flush and repair! I was surprised that they just accepted the FOS terms without a whimper. Cheque received and cashed.     @dx100uk Agreed. I read people having similar issues with getting repairs from ASG, not sure if it was on here or another site but they seem to adopt the same line about it being the customers responsibility to keep their system fresh and clean. My system was powerflushed in 2016 and by 2018 it was similar to having 4 blocked arteries. I have my doubts as to whether it was done.
    • Hi there, so as I write this this has been going on since 2005, basically I got myself into debt when I was younger and couldn’t afford to pay it all back. Lloyds put everything together and it came out over £20,000 this Was passed onto Lloyds debt recovery team in 2005 but I was paying the debt off in small amounts I believe this debt was then passed onto a company called Robinson way in January 2006 where I was paying £130 a month this then changed to debt managers and then onto clarity Lloyds and arrow global have stated that I made no payments between 2005 and 2009 even though I have proof I paid Robinson way! This is where it’s gets complicated my dad was making the Payments from his account to Robinson way. The other issue I had was for from 2015 onwards I also had a problem with passing security and I believed my details were compromised with arrow global, who I found out they had the date of birth of myself the wrong month after contacting Lloyds they stated they had the right date of birth and had it right all the time. It turned out Lloyds were actually incorrect and didn’t have my right date of birth at all and an address I never lived at. So for the last 6 months I have been trying to get hold of Robinson way as they don’t have the correct details for me and I can’t get the information. But here’s the plot twist apparently Arrow managed to get hold of Robinson way and they state the debt wasn’t for that But how as Robinson way didn’t have the correct details for me. Unfortunately I have lost all faith in  Arrow. I asked Lloyds for everything to do with my account And I have received a letter after all this to go into branch to identify myself 😢 I have been living this nightmare for the last 15 years and I know I got myself into this but I have made these payments since 2005 what can I do if anything I have been through the financial obdusman who to be frank were terrible. 
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 10 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
tonywatsonmail

Help My Car Insurance Was Cancelled!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3945 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Everyone,

Havent used this site before but would like some good advice.

I was driving home yesterday when i was pulled over by the police for having no insurance, this came as a big shock to me as i bought and paid for my cover on 28 march 2009 and had a 12 month policy.

whilst in the car with the police i phone my insurance company (Gladiator) to be told that the policy was cancelled on the 18 June 2009.

i was very surprised by this as you can imagine but was even more shocked when i was told it was because i had not given them my no claims bonus! i did not need to give them my no claims bonus as i was previously insured by them, and they had all my details.

the question is: can an insurance company cancell car insurance mid term without letting me know?

for your information they claim to have sent me 10 letters about the situation and are stating its my fault for not resonding, i never recived any letters from them about this and they have no way of proving to me they posted them as they suposedly just went out first class post.

please help as ive gone as far as i can with them and are now fining myself in a situation i shiould never have been left in.

thanks

Tony

an ins company must given you 7 days notice of their intention to cancel.

10 letters??? thats alot, we ususally stop at 2.

When you took out the insurance did you make them aware that your previous policy was with them? as they would only search and transfer the ncd if you told them.

yes i phoned them and told them, but i have no details of who i spoke to.

ive been looking into it, and the statement that they must provide me with 7 day notice,

if i have not recived any such notice, surley just posting a letter that can easily get lost in the postal system is not adiquate evedence that they have provided me with such notice?

tony

ask them to get the quote,incpetion call listened to etc to confirm that you told them that they were the previous insurers.

they only thing that would have stopped them transferring the ncd is if there was a gap un cover etc, but they consultant has agreed to use that ncd there shouldnt be a problem.

a letter is all that is required,no calls,not recorded delivery etc just a letter to your last know address. If their system confirms a letter has been sent that is enough. As companys issue 1000`s of letters daily they cannot physically watch them being posted and then delivered.

i can understand if a policy has ended, you are awere of your renewal date, if you dont renewit its your fault.

but it cant be treating customers fairly if they can cancell a policy mid term without making sure you know about it.

doesn't the law state that you have to provide customers with 7 days notice?

not you have to try to provide customers with 7 days notice?

sending a letter that can clearly get lost in the post cant be seen in the eyes of the law as giving notice, it must require that they get it to me?

Vusys1

You State Seven Days Notice Needs To Be Given To Cancel A Policy

Can You Point Me To The Legislation

I Had The Same Thing Ref No Claims And A Cancelled Policy

Lucky No Old Bill Though

These Letters As A Norm Are Sent By Recorded Delievery

i have read through the turms and conditions of the policy and it states:

We or your intermediary may cancel this insurance by sending seven

days’ notice, in writing, to your last known address (and in the case of

Northern Ireland to the Department of the Environment, Northern

Ireland).We will refund the part of your premium which applies to the

remaining period of the insurance.We will send this refund to your

insurance adviser.

however they cant provide me with any evidence that they did this!

shorly i have a good case?

These Letters As A Norm Are Sent By Recorded Delievery

not if they are part of a chasing process

i.e a a direct debit is being rejected a system letter will be sent,if it bounces again a 2nd system generated letter is sent if it rejects again a consultant issues a system letter confirming we are cancelling and on what date unless the o/s monies are paid. Same thing for chasing ncd if no evidence of ncd is received a letter confirming the addtional premium for the removal of the bonus but the PH must call to give permission to debit the additional otherwise the policy will be cancelled.

The only time we have ever sent 7 day cancellation letters by recorded delivery is due to breech of u/w conditions,failure to provide info etc.

i have read through the turms and conditions of the policy and it states:

We or your intermediary may cancel this insurance by sending seven

days’ notice, in writing, to your last known address (and in the case of

Northern Ireland to the Department of the Environment, Northern

Ireland).We will refund the part of your premium which applies to the

remaining period of the insurance.We will send this refund to your

insurance adviser.

however they cant provide me with any evidence that they did this!

shorly i have a good case?

id ask for the sales call maybe even though they confirmed they would transfer the ncd its usually back office staff who have to do this and not the sales staff,could be he didnt tell the back office. Id also query the 10 letters and ask for the dates they were sent.

how long after the policy started was it cancelled?

Hi

My boyfriend's car insurance was cancelled for no proof of NCB. We had recieved a few letters and contaceted our previous insurer regarding NCB.

A month passed and we went on holiday . On our return their was a letter saying my credit card was refunded half the premium. The other half was on cost of cover , brokers fees and commision and admin charge which amounted to £100.

My boyfriend contacted the company NCI insurance services and was told as soon as he got the proof to fax it or mail it and they could reinstate the policy. A few days later and during which time he was commuting by train to work I faxed the proof of NCD and phoned them only to be told a new policy costing £270 would be taken out.

I want to complain as I didnot recieve a written notice of cancellation . Moreover I have not been refunded the entire amount I should have been . I did not receive a terms and condition booklet and didnot get a chance to reinstate the policy.

Will I be able to get some of these fees refunded? I have since paid out for a new policy with another insurer as I did not want to deal with these rip off merchants!!!

Tracy