Re: Call by 8pm tonight or else....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I had a call like this yesterday to my mobile, giving me until 8pm last night to phone them back.

Asking for me by my first name, gave a reference number and a telephone number to call back on. The caller also left her first name.

No reference on any of the google spam filters for this number, so wondering if anybody else has had a call like this recently and if so have they gotten to the bottom of who it was?

Obviously no company name and no reason for the call.....

Hubby told me its a load of rubbish, but weve been dealing with mums hassle for the last month and havent had the chance to deal with our own, short of making the token payments.

What do you think? Here is the number 0844 325 3047.

Thanks,

meerkat x

Hello Guest - Is it you who called?

Found this on phone spam filter, although no reference to this specific number:

Phone Prefix 0844 2253

CITIES: Internet / Discount Services

Carrier: Gamma Telecom Holdings Ltd

Prefix Change Date: 2006-04-01

Tariff: 2ppm

Numbers reported by users as possible solicitors:

-- None Found! --

Once again, it's a company calling themselves DM limited, but wouldn't tell me if they were trying to sell me anything or buy anything, bceause he wasn't able to disclose this information under the data protection act!!!!!!!

When I asked him to quote which part of the data protection act was stopping him from disclosing these details, he couldn't and simply reverted to 'it's for security purposes sir, if I can just take your name'

For who's security?

For yours sir and for mine?????

So told him I doubt he could even spell security, as he was just a telephone jockey and hung up.

I imagine by the attitude and response of this telephone jockey, they're not a very well educated DCA..:-x

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks BB,

Threats then - we just have been away for a while and dont quite know what we are going back to.

Anybody fancy calling them up with the reference number they gave me - pm me and ill send it back by return.

That would make for an interesting conversation....

Thanks CA, I didnt want to go onto their website incase they had any tracking links!

Use firefox and delete all your tracking cookies, when you want or when you close down.:D

Just been on their site, and yes it does have a tracking cookie!!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks CA, I didnt want to go onto their website incase they had any tracking links!

Even if they did they would only be able to ping an ISP address & to find out who it was registered to at that particular period of time they would need a court order.

I use software on my website which lists the ISP addresses of every visitor and it tells me which country & city they are in and which pages they have viewed and what they have downloaded. I only use it as a 'yardstick' to determine the content of the site which is most used. I can't imagine DCA monitoring the hits they receive let alone trying to trace them, besides all visitors are anonymous other than their ISP address.

Consumer debt recovery

We have a highly trained, motivated and professional team of telephone collectors who are to able to negotiate optimum settlements and payments taking into account an individual’s personal circumstances. We combine the following innovative collection techniques to maximise collections performance:

• interactive work paths and letter design;
  • distinctive and targeted lettering;
  • predictive outbound dialing for certain account types;
  • call blending to ensure maximum inbound pickups;
  • litigation without loss of cash flow; and
  • managed doorstep collections across the UK.

We consistently achieve top position in our clients' league tables, which include major banking, financial, retail, telecoms and public sector organisations.

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.