You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

birchave0

Lloyds TSB Credit card - no info on PPI

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2681 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Ok this is another one that has just been festering for a couple of years.

In Jan 07 I SAR my Lloyds TSB Asset card, all that turned up was the normal statements and a photocopy of an application form. I knew there had been PPI on the account because I had cancelled it the summer before after realising it was costing a fortune.

Now the application form was filled in during a visit to my branch in 1999. The lady filled it in as it is not my handwriting, the boxed is ticked for the PPI but obviously not by me. i was just an application because I remembering getting a letter later on telling me my application had been approved.

As I only had the statements going back to 2001 I did not have the information on just how much this insurance had cost between 1999 and 2001. I contacted lloyds TSB and asked for the info on the PPI and how much I had paid, nothing. So for the past two years I have repeatedly asked, they have sent nothing out at all.

I placed the account into dispute, stopped paying, they helped themselves to funds from my current and saving accounts :mad:

This resulted in my mortgage going unpaid and me getting stung from both the mortgage company and Lloyds for unpaid D/Ds :mad:

I finally moved my current account to Natwest to stop them doing this. But still no answer to my complaint or requests.

To date I have requested the money be paid back, nothing.

I have complained, nothing.

They have passed my account to every DCA in the universe, I write to them, explain the situation, they pass it back to Lloyds and it starts again :mad:

It is now with a company called "Credit Security Ltd" who are getting a bit nasty. I have written to them and spoken to them on the phone, explaining the situation, I'm now waiting to hear back from them.

Now I want to go to the FOS with this but I don't have a fianl response from Lloyds, in fact i don't have anything :(

I few letters saying they will look into my complaint and respond in 8 weeks, then nothing.....

I've calculated around £1400 in PPI between 2001 - 2006, this doesn't include any interest. I have no figures for PPI paid between 1999 and 2001 because they haven't sent the info.

There is also £460 worth of charges, again 2001 - 2007 as I have nothing for 1999 - 2001. This doesn't include any interest either. I think the interest rate was around 17.9%.

So should I go to the FOS without a final response?

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

Hi birchave0:)

LTSB are just so helpful aren't they!!!

I'm sure you will get more expert advice on this - most probably from aa - but in his absence I would suggest that if it has been longer than 8 weeks since you first contacted the bank I would go ahead and complain to the FOS.

You could always give the FOS a call first and see what they say. OH and I did this with one of our LTSB PPI complaints. In our case the 8 weeks hadn't elapsed but every time we sent our paperwork to LTSB for their consideration they just returned it to us - this happened 5 times! LTSB said they didn't recognise the account number or even the customer - this was despite us sending them copies of the original CCAs which we had kept:eek:

This was also for an old account (2 actually) but in this case for loans not credit cards - dating from 2000.

The FOS said because the 8 weeks wasn't up they would contact LTSB on our behalf to try to get them to issue a final response, but even after the intervention of the FOS LTSB sent our paperwork back again. When we first called the FOS they started to fill out the Complaint Form for us which they then sent to us to complete and return when the 8 weeks were up - which we have now done.

LTSB will probably try to use the excuse that this dates from so far back they cannot investigate (another old chestnut they tried with us), but this is not true. Apparently old agreements can be recreated from the bare bons of information and this was confirmed to us by the FOS who by the way seemed quite used to hearing tales of LTSB's fob-off letters and delaying tactics!

By the way I wouldn't advise talking to the threat-monkeys on the telephone - keep everything in writing so you have a paper trail for reference.

Good luck with getting this sorted!

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

thanks Landy :)

I guess as I first complained in 2007 my 8 weeks may be up.....:lol:

I was just a bit unsure regarding the FOS as I don't have a final response, or indeed any response from lloyds TSB to send with my complaint!

I have tried every avenue to try and get information on the PPI, I have even rang the Lloyds insurance offices in Wales and Edinburgh, they know nothing, not even a policy number. i can only conclude there was never a policy to begin with, heavens knows what would have happened if I'd tried to make a claim! :eek:

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

thanks Landy :)

I guess as I first complained in 2007 my 8 weeks may be up.....:lol:

I was just a bit unsure regarding the FOS as I don't have a final response, or indeed any response from lloyds TSB to send with my complaint!

I have tried every avenue to try and get information on the PPI, I have even rang the Lloyds insurance offices in Wales and Edinburgh, they know nothing, not even a policy number. i can only conclude there was never a policy to begin with, heavens knows what would have happened if I'd tried to make a claim! :eek:

The lack of a policy at all wouldn't surprise me in the least - LTSB are such a bunch of incompetant fools - however I'm sure there is one somewhere. More likely they are just trying every trick in the book to make you give up and go away!

In another of our LTSB complaints we sent several letters to them - all by recorded delivery of course - and got no response at all, not even their usual 'we're sorry you had cause to complain......we will get back to you.... etc etc'. This one has also now been passed to the FOS. I just explained to the FOS that I was unable to include copies of any letters received from LTSB as there were none:eek:

That's another point of course - when you do fill out a FOS complaint form, remember to send copies of all relevant documentation, correspondence etc with it to back up your complaint.

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

If you have sent a formal request for the information IE SAR and paid the statutory fee and they have not produced the goods (data) as is required under the Data Protection Act 1998 then IMO write a formal letter of complaint, fill in the ICO complaint form and send it off with copies of all correspondence sent and received so fare and use recorded delivery.

Once you have a case reference number from the ICO you should hit them with something like this but detailing your own particular problems...

Submission of a Very Serious Formal Complaint against the Royal Bank of Scotland

I wish to lodge a very serious formal complaint against the Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) for their failure to fully comply with a Data Subject Access Request (S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)) under the provisions of Section 7 Sub section (1) ( c ) (i) and (ii) of the Data Protection Act 1998 which is a statute within the Law of the British Isles.

On the 7 January 2008 I submitted a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to the Royal Bank of Scotland asking for information on five loan accounts which I have held, two with Direct Line Financial Services (DLFS) and three with RBS. Four of these loans were refinanced to subsequent loans up to the current loan which is still active.

To date, I have received statements on the three RBS loan accounts, a statement on my current account and since submitting a request for Consumer Credit Agreements under the provision of Section 77 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 I have now received the documentation on the existing loan.

Despite several further requests for the information as required by my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), none has been forthcoming.

Letters have been sent on:

24 January 2008

16 February 2008

12 March 2008

28 March 2008

2 April 2008

12 April 2008

12 April 2008 Request for CCA under provision of Consumer Credit Act 1974

19 April 2008

I have still not received Consumer Credit Agreements with associated paperwork on four of the loans. Because of the inordinate delays, the information requested on the first loan which was refinanced in March 2002 would be of no use as any claim against that loan would now be statute barred within the Scottish Courts.

I have not received data in the name of recordings of telephone conversations or transcripts of those conversations between the RBS and myself.

I have not received copies of emails or letters which I know exist.

I have also not received any properly certified documentation by Data Controllers within the RBS stating the information that I have requested has been disposed of, destroyed or erased.

The Royal Bank of Scotland is a member of the British Bankers Association (BBA), is licensed by the Financial Services Authority and should I believe, operate within the Law of the Land and therefore respond within the statutory timescales within Legal Acts at Law, namely the Data Protection Act 1998.

I have, when asked, provided information to the RBS, but it seems to me now, that they will try and delay supplying the data requested by using whatever delaying tactics they see fit. On one occasion referring me back to DLFS for the information I had requested. The fact that the DLFS had been legally transferred back to the RBS on 1 March 2006 (the transfer included all DLFS loans) was obviously overlooked by the Data Protection staff within the RBS.

This is indeed an extremely sorry state of affairs and it beggars belief that RBS staff would not be aware this Legal transfer had taken place.

My understanding is that the RBS had 40 days to fully supply all the information requested in my Subject Access Request, this has most certainly not happened.

I would therefore like to request that each addressee takes the appropriate measures to instruct or at least direct the RBS to supply this information to me as a matter of urgency.

I have a complaint lodged with the Information Commissioners Office Case Reference xxxxxx

I would now urge the Commissioner to consider an Enforcement notice against the RBS under Section 40 of the Data Protection Act.

I would also request that the Financial Services Authority, the Financial Ombudsman Service, the Office of Fair Trading and the British Bankers Association add this extremely serious complaint to their files on the Royal Bank of Scotland.

I have multiple claims going on at the moment one complaint is already submitted to the ICO on HSBC another will be going off at the weekend about Barclays. If need be I will send a complaint about the other three as well and to everyone just so the message is spread far and wide.

The BBA will acknowledge but not do anything

The FSA will probably ask for your authority to flag up the complaint to other regulatory authorities.

The FOS will probably state this is something for the ICO.

The OFT will note your complaint and hopefully keep a file on it

The ICO should write to LTSB and instruct them to release the information.

My complaint to the ICO was upheld as the RBS failed to comply with the sixth principle of the ACT in that they failed to supply the relevant information within the required timescale.

The sixth principle icon_closed_level.gif

8. A person is to be regarded as contravening the sixth principle if, but only if—

(a) he contravenes section 7 by failing to supply information in accordance with that section,

this is section 7

7. Right of access to personal data.

— (1) Subject to the following provisions of this section and to [F1 sections 8, 9 and 9A], an individual is entitled—

(a) to be informed by any data controller whether personal data of which that individual is the data subject are being processed by or on behalf of that data controller,

(b) if that is the case, to be given by the data controller a description of—

(i) the personal data of which that individual is the data subject,

(ii) the purposes for which they are being or are to be processed, and

(iii) the recipients or classes of recipients to whom they are or may be disclosed,

© to have communicated to him in an intelligible form—

(i) the information constituting any personal data of which that individual is the data subject, and

(ii) any information available to the data controller as to the source of those data, and

(d) where the processing by automatic means of personal data of which that individual is the data subject for the purpose of evaluating matters relating to him such as, for example, his performance at work, his creditworthiness, his reliability or his conduct, has constituted or is likely to constitute the sole basis for any decision significantly affecting him, to be informed by the data controller of the logic involved in that decision-taking.

(2) A data controller is not obliged to supply any information under subsection (1) unless he has received—

(a) a request in writing, and

(b) except in prescribed cases, such fee (not exceeding the prescribed maximum) as he may require.

[F2 (3) Where a data controller—

(a) reasonably requires further information in order to satisfy himself as to the identity of the person making a request under this section and to locate the information which that person seeks, and

(b) has informed him of that requirement,

the data controller is not obliged to comply with the request unless he is supplied with that further information.]

(4) Where a data controller cannot comply with the request without disclosing information relating to another individual who can be identified from that information, he is not obliged to comply with the request unless—

(a) the other individual has consented to the disclosure of the information to the person making the request, or

(b) it is reasonable in all the circumstances to comply with the request without the consent of the other individual.

(5) In subsection (4) the reference to information relating to another individual includes a reference to information identifying that individual as the source of the information sought by the request; and that subsection is not to be construed as excusing a data controller from communicating so much of the information sought by the request as can be communicated without disclosing the identity of the other individual concerned, whether by the omission of names or other identifying particulars or otherwise.

(6) In determining for the purposes of subsection (4)(b) whether it is reasonable in all the circumstances to comply with the request without the consent of the other individual concerned, regard shall be had, in particular, to—

(a) any duty of confidentiality owed to the other individual,

(b) any steps taken by the data controller with a view to seeking the consent of the other individual,

© whether the other individual is capable of giving consent, and

(d) any express refusal of consent by the other individual.

(7) An individual making a request under this section may, in such cases as may be prescribed, specify that his request is limited to personal data of any prescribed description.

(8) Subject to subsection (4), a data controller shall comply with a request under this section promptly and in any event before the end of the prescribed period beginning with the relevant day.

(9) If a court is satisfied on the application of any person who has made a request under the foregoing provisions of this section that the data controller in question has failed to comply with the request in contravention of those provisions, the court may order him to comply with the request.

(10) In this section— “prescribed” means prescribed by the [F3 Secretary of State] by regulations;

“the prescribed maximum” means such amount as may be prescribed;

“the prescribed period” means forty days or such other period as may be prescribed;

“the relevant day”, in relation to a request under this section, means the day on which the data controller receives the request or, if later, the first day on which the data controller has both the required fee and the information referred to in subsection (3).

(11) Different amounts or periods may be prescribed under this section in relation to different cases.

[F4 (12) A person is a relevant person for the purposes of subsection (4)© if he—

(a) is a person referred to in paragraph 4(a) or (b) or paragraph 8(a) or (b) of Schedule 11;

(b) is employed by an education authority (within the meaning of paragraph 6 of Schedule 11) in pursuance of its functions relating to education and the information relates to him, or he supplied the information in his capacity as such an employee; or

© is the person making the request.]

[ F5 (12) A person is a relevant person for the purposes of subsection (4)© if he—

(a) is a person referred to in paragraph 1(p) or (q) of the Schedule to the Data Protection (Subject Access Modification)(Social Work) Order 2000; or

(b) is or has been employed by any person or body referred to in paragraph 1 of that Schedule in connection with functions which are or have been exercised in relation to the data consisting of the information; or

© has provided for reward a service similar to a service provided in the exercise of any functions specified in paragraph 1(a)(i), (b), © or (d) of that Schedule,

and the information relates to him or he supplied the information in his official capacity or, as the case may be, in connection with the provision of that service.]

(b) he contravenes section 10 by failing to comply with a notice given under subsection (1) of that section to the extent that the notice is justified or by failing to give a notice under subsection (3) of that section,

© he contravenes section 11 by failing to comply with a notice given under subsection (1) of that section, or

(d) he contravenes section 12 by failing to comply with a notice given under subsection (1) or (2)(b) of that section or by failing to give a notification under subsection (2)(a) of that section or a notice under subsection (3) of that section.

This is the link to the act

Results within legislation - Statute Law Database

hope this helps ;-)

aa

Edited by alanalana
editing

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks AA

I've filled out a complaint with the FOS and posted it. Just a bit sick of Lloyds giving me the run around.

The PPI comes to around £1400 but that excludes any payments from 1999 -2001 as I don't have the info. I haven't included any interest but I know that there will be contractual interest against that figure and if it's going back to 1999 I think there could be quite a bit! :eek: I think the interest rate was 17.9% so quite high.

I'm not sure of the best way to work it out so any pointers would be great :)

Thanks AA

I've filled out a complaint with the FOS and posted it. Just a bit sick of Lloyds giving me the run around.

The PPI comes to around £1400 but that excludes any payments from 1999 -2001 as I don't have the info. I haven't included any interest but I know that there will be contractual interest against that figure and if it's going back to 1999 I think there could be quite a bit! :eek: I think the interest rate was 17.9% so quite high.

I'm not sure of the best way to work it out so any pointers would be great :)

Try pompeyfaith he is up on interest calcs He has given me good advice on loans but is kind of good on the credit cards issue :)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

letter from "Credit Security Ltd"

Informing me that;

"following your recent letter we now wish to inform you that we will no longer be persuing this account. All communications should now go to Lloyds TSB, blah, blah......"

What a suprise.....:rolleyes:

I sent a complaint to the FOS in August stating that I did not have a final response as lloyds have refused to reply to me.

A letter came from the FOS on Saturday, it said that I needed a final response before they can look at my complaint :(

However they have very kindly written to Lloyds and asked them to send me a final response :D

They say if I do not receive a satisfactory response from them within the next 8 weeks i can then start a formal complaint.

have to say I'm very happy that they have sent a nice letter to Lloyds, may actually now find out how much they have taken between 1999 - 2006 in the PPI payments, not to mention all the interest! :p

I received a letter from the FOS, Lloyds say they can't find any info on the account number/policy I have given :confused:

I rang FOS and left a message on answer phone, giving the account number from the top of one the account statements. As I've never had any info on the policy I don't understand how I would have a policy number :p

Maybe it's just another stalling tactic :roll:

This is now the tactics of the banks etc stall at all costs I submitted a SAR eventually got a print out with an instruction on one of the pages stating wait 40 days :eek:

The banks are hanging on for as long as possible and the fight must go on. They will obviously follow all the statutory figures 40 days for SAR, 8 weeks for PPI claim to be refused or ignored. My advice would be to let all the statutory authorities know what is going on. ICO for failure to supply data, FOS for failure to respond or refuse to repay mis-sold PPI and FSA for everything and copy to the Office of Fair Trading for good measure.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

quick update on this, letter from Lloyds Insurance in Wales. They are sorry to hear about my complaint and will start to investigate, they hope to get back to me in 8 weeks.

I can cope with that, I may write to them and ask if they have an actual record of how much PPI I have paid since 1999 :rolleyes:

I may also remind them of the FSA announcement regarding PPI complaints, if may prevent them passing it on to the FOS like a hot brick! :p

F***ing hell :eek:

I've just used the calculator to work out the interest!!!!!

my £1400 worth of PPI between 2001 - 2006 works out at £3497.64 + the simple 8% gives a grand total of £5651.80!!!!!!!

This does not include the missing premiums from 1999 - 2000!!!! :eek:

I don't think there is a lot for this period as the card had a £750 max limit at this time, but even if it was £5.00 a month it's going to bump it up a bit more!!! :p

I'm off to work out my other ppi claims now LMAO!!!!!!!

ok I've now worked out the charges on the account too :D

between 2001 -2008 £810.06 inc interest + 8% = £ 1320.86

so that together with PPI + interest + 8% = £6972.66 :eek:

now I think the balance is about £7.5k so this is looking good for me.

we also have the matter of the missing info on the PPI and charges 1999 - 2000 ;)

as i can't help myself :rolleyes: I rang the number on the letter I got from lloyds insurance. They told me they only deal with the actual complaint the "miss selling" bit so they couldn't help me on any other matter, I wanted to know how much I had paid in PPI.

I mentioned how skimpy my SAR response had been, I also mentioned the application form which is not in my handwriting. She became rather interested at this point, said it may be a case for the fraud department LMAO!!!!!

She's given me a number to ring, might just do it for a laugh, things are slow at work today!!!! :D

Ooooh very naughty of you to call them - but very interesting about the fraud dept..........do let us know what they say!

I do think that LTSB might finally be getting the message as we've had letters upholding two of our complaints (which they completely ignored previously) and offering piddling refunds. These are with the FOS so we politely told Lloyds to bog-off:lol:

Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Ooooh very naughty of you to call them - but very interesting about the fraud dept..........do let us know what they say!

I do think that LTSB might finally be getting the message as we've had letters upholding two of our complaints (which they completely ignored previously) and offering piddling refunds. These are with the FOS so we politely told Lloyds to bog-off:lol:

Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Landy x

I am not up on figures generally but I am getting the picture (no not picture finance) PPI reclaiming is coming into its own with delays by the banks. IMO best to keep banging in complaints to the FOS it costs the bank £500 per complaint and the FOS are upholding at least 90% of consumer complaints in favour of the consumer.

Keep up with the PPI reclaiming fight and spread the word to the wider population those perhaps with no PC, those with debt, those with more pressing family issues etc etc, Please pass on the message stick it on you message boards at work (with the bosses permission) the more people that know about this the better :D

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

I'm waiting for the next letter from the lloyds insurance team about my complaint.

In the meantime there have been a few strange numbers calling my mobile. I have a rule that I never answer a call if I don't know the number, reason for this is if it is important, they will leave a message. I didn't know the number, so didn't answer the call, no message left.

I did google the numbers though, turns out to be Robinson Way a DCA who I have had no contact with at all.

Then a letter from them turned up on Saturday, demanding 7.5k on behalf of Lloyds. No account number, nothing, and the old "we may take you to court" line.

I've sort of worked out this must be for the above credit card account, normally I would bang out a copy of my standard "bog off DCA" letter. However as this is with lloyds complaint team i think I'll leave it this time and not reply.

As soon as i'm in a position to respond to them i will, I have a feeling though Lloyds will not play nicely this time and we will end up with the FOS. This is not a problem though as I reckon by the time it works it's way through their system the account will be bl**dy statute barred :rolleyes:

Yet another letter from Lloyds Insurance in Wales, they are still investigating my complaint.....

I rang them to be told they have had to request the following info;

1. a copy of the application form

2. amount of PPI paid

3. the insurance document

I very kindly said I would fax through a copy of the application form, so they don't have to wait. I did point out though that I did not fill in the form, it was filled in by a member of staff at a Lloyds branch.

So, a quick question, if it was done in the branch, and they claim the application form is an agreement, does this mean that it then becomes a none cancelable agreement??? :confused:

They were kind enought to tell me though I can now go to the FOS ;)

Think I will wait and see what they come up with, the clock is ticking in my favour :p

Yet another letter from Lloyds Insurance in Wales, they are still investigating my complaint.....

I rang them to be told they have had to request the following info;

1. a copy of the application form

2. amount of PPI paid

3. the insurance document

I very kindly said I would fax through a copy of the application form, so they don't have to wait. I did point out though that I did not fill in the form, it was filled in by a member of staff at a Lloyds branch.

So, a quick question, if it was done in the branch, and they claim the application form is an agreement, does this mean that it then becomes a none cancelable agreement??? :confused:

They were kind enought to tell me though I can now go to the FOS ;)

Think I will wait and see what they come up with, the clock is ticking in my favour :p

If they have said you can go to the FOS tell them to put that in writing as is required and to enclose the complaint brochure which they should enclose explaining the procedure to make a complaint to the FOS. Also ask them to confirm that this is their final response and that they have referred you to the FOS and then when you get written confirmation of this phone call. Go to the FOS the complaint will cost LTSB a £500 fee for the FOS to deal and adjudicate with your complaint.

This has been going on for months as it is what the banks want lets delay and hold onto the cash for as long as possible (knowing the FOS will 90% of the time tell them to pay up the PPI premiums plus 8% statutory interest.

The banks etc are now on the back foot they know their retail regulatory risk on PPI has come back to bite them in the ass big time so the tend to try to retain the money they got from you for as long as the possibly can.

So the ploy is delaying tactics by whatever means/methods they can employ.

We need to contact other departments

We need to search archives

We need to ensure you have provided proof of who you are

We need Letters of authority

We need more proof of identity

We have to contact other areas of our establishment to collect the information

We have to ensure you are baffled by having to correspond with at least 6 different offices all in different areas of the country

We need to ensure that we use loads of bank jargon in our letters to try and confuse you and put you off complaining

The list is endless.

If PPI is mis-sold and 90% of PPI is then keep up the pressure to get it all back in your wallet/purse/different account etc

aa

Edited by alanalana
spelling and probable more to come

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

I received a letter on Monday from lloyds insurance department, typical tosh, we are not upholding your complaint, blah, blah,

It appears that's lloyds believe I was a suitable candiate for their insurance, even though they can't produce the policy terms or booklet! :eek:

Feeling a bit p*ssed off I rang them and reminded them of a few things, firstly that I didn't fill the form in, a member of staff did. I also mentioned that I think the lady said if I agreed to the PPI the application would be approved, they did this to me on three loans, so in for a penny in for a pound! They said they would consider this and get back to me.

Letter came yesterday, they are still not upholding my complaint :mad:

they have considered the new information, however because I did not fill the form out I should ring their fraud department. There was nothing about the member of staff telling me to take the PPI or not get the card.

To top it all, Robinson Way keep ringing me, both on the land line and the mobile. I don't answer but this morning they sent me a text! Telling me to ring them urgently, I think they can p*ss off :mad:

I'm going to ring the fraud department today.

I rang the fraud department today, and voiced my concerns. The lady was very nice but strangely couldn't find the account on her system even with the account number and my name and address :confused:

I asked her if this had anything to do with it being passed to collections, she saidn no, it should still show up.

I have also just noticed on the application form, whoever filled it in has spelt my surname with and "e" on the end, then scribbled it out, my surname has no "e" on the end :rolleyes:

Lady said that I need to write into "card concerns"

I will do that, but I'm also going to pass it on to the FOS now as I have my final response :smile:

Hi Birchave0:)

Yes definitely sounds like time to get your FOS complaint sent off - they've messed you around enough over this one;)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Landy x

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

Nice letter from Robinson Way, special offer!!!! They will accept half of the current balance if I pay it now :roll:

I think lloyds know they are on thin ice will their application form (with the wrongly spelt surname) :p

my complaint is now winging it's wat to the FOS :D

Nice letter from Robinson Way, special offer!!!! They will accept half of the current balance if I pay it now :roll:

I think lloyds know they are on thin ice will their application form (with the wrongly spelt surname) :p

my complaint is now winging it's wat to the FOS :D

Lloyds need a wake up call and your complaint to the FOS is a great stater for 10.

Please make sure you have an eye for detail on this. :) Keep copies of everything in duplicate for future FOS use. ;)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from