HELP! British Gas for £33.13

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've been making payments for gas at my old address. It was £33.10 a month for only 4 months. So as you can see not the world's biggest debt. Buchanan Clarke and Wells called me a week or so ago to tell me they hadn't been able to put my direct debit through. This had happened a few times and it was due to them not setting up the direct debt properly. So I'd been paying manual over of the phone every month, and they would redo the direct debit again.:-x

A few weeks ago when they called me I wasn't aware the money hadn't gone out my account and I told them I would call to make the payment in a week or so once I sorted my finances out. I forgot to do this. I have a terrible memory so this was the whole reason I wanted a direct debit.

This morning I received another call from BCW. I explained that I forgot to make the manual payment and complained that they hadn't taken the debit as they did previous months. The man then said they did take the debit and it was rejected. I have no records of this through my bank. So it's a lie I believe. :mad:

He then said they won't hold my payment of £33.13 for 8 days because it's too long!!! He asked if I could make any token payment and I explained that I'm in great financial difficulty and can't make any payment till the 20th. So he took my details about earnings and is passing them to a solicitor.....it's only £33.13 is this really neccessary?!!! What can I do?!!! :confused:

Please stop talking to them on the phone....he is attempting to frighten you into paying, if you have to talk to them again please RECORD the call....report them to the OFT. However they will probably deny what was said...

Where do I go from here though? Is it being passed to a solicitor and who do I call on the 20th to make the payment?

I'm not trying to avoid payment, it's a tiny amount. I'd rather it had been paid last month and was over with.