Advice Appreciated - WESCOT CREDIT SERVICES

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello - I've just received a red letter saying 'FINAL NOTICE' from Westcot for an outstanding Barclaycard debt. Any advice as to how to deal with this would be really appreciated :(

The letter states:

FINAL NOTICE

Despite previous correspondence a cbalance still remains outstanding on the above debt.

Unless you make payment of £7XXX within the next 14 days a Claim Form/Summons may be lodged with XXX County Court or the local Sheriff Court for residents in Scotland and subsequently issued to you for payment of the outstanding balance plus all statutory legal expenses, as follows:-

Amount Claimed * £7XXX

Legal Expenses £135.00

Total Amount £XXXX

How do I deal with this? I've been avoiding confronting this for too long, which is my fault. I just feel so helpless at the moment due to personal circumstances.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edited by 42man
Edited due to poster being recognised...

Have you sent them a request for a copy of your agreement ? Do you know how much might be made up of excessive charges ?

Hello, thanks for you fast response. At an estimate, I am guessing charges (not including the legal fee) make up around £150+.

I haven't sent off a request for a copy of my agreement. How do I do this? Also, the deadline for payment is stated as the 17th. Have I left it too late? Sorry for stupid questions - I just have no idea how to handle this.

Thanks once again 42man. I will get that letter off immediately. :)

Just one quick question - if Westcot DO happen to provide me with everything they're supposed to, where does that leave me? Having recieved a final notice, will they penalise me and take me straight to court or send baliffs around? Or are they obliged to contact me again to negotiate a repayment scheme?

Please do spend some time reading around these forums, there are other aspects involved such as prescribed terms on agreements, default notices, notices of assignment etc....you will know more as you read through...

If they do not provide a copy of your agreement within 12+2 working days of your request, then they are in default and whilst that default is in place they cannot enforce the debt...(although some will try and hope that you leave it undefended)....reading in here might enlighten you some more too - DCA Legal Successes - The Consumer Forums

Thanks once again 42man. I will get that letter off immediately. :)

Just one quick question - if Westcot DO happen to provide me with everything they're supposed to, where does that leave me? Having recieved a final notice, will they penalise me and take me straight to court or send baliffs around? Or are they obliged to contact me again to negotiate a repayment scheme?

they are obliged to respond to your cca request.

they will contact OC to obtain this.

depending on IF they can produce it...length of time since you applied.?

or if it is enforceable:)

send it as soon as possible,see what they come back with.

they can not send the baliffs round,only the court can do that.

SAM

i will spend some time reading through the forum - i just wish i knew about it 6 months ago.

you know now:) do a search on westcot and their usual methods.

empty threats and such:rolleyes:

thanks you 42man again and also sam for your answers!

welcome to cag

SAM

I have had many dealings with Westcot and as Sam say's they are full of empty threats. If they happen to have your phone number and they phone you do not answer any security questions and put the phone down.

Send them this if they threaten you with a doorstep visit

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-.

On a final note try not to panic and send them the cca letter that 42man has give you. These rogues rely on you getting intimidated and scared and are like fleas to a dog. Good luck

Andy...

Andy...