You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

jimmy187

alleged offence letter untaxed vehicle

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3975 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi, i am new here and need advise on al etter i recievied from the dvla asking if am the keeper of the vehicle that was on the road on such time and date. The vehicle in question was brought on my internet account on a website called motorjunction (it's a cat c insurance write off) by somebody who needed it parts and they didn't have access to the internet. The car has been parked off road in car park that belongs to a company in the street for over 12 months. The person who brought the car never registered in his name and i have never registered in my name as the car needs to vic tested before a logbook can be issued. I need to know what to write in the letter i receivied as the person who brought car has since moved out of the street and letter also says that the information they have that i was the keeper of the vehicle. Any advise, help would be appreciated.

I would write back and deny being the keeper.

You bought the vehicle (on behalf of somebody else) - that makes you the owner, but not the keeper.

Owner and keeper are entirely separate things. The person that you bought it for is the keeper.

I would write back a one line letter "I am not the keeper of the vehicle concerned. It was purchased on behalf of somebody else". Don't expand on anything and don't be 'chatty'

yes, i will do that . thanks

ok, today i received another letter asking (advising) of the person i brought the car for. Although i no longer have contact or know where the person lives what do i do, give the last address of the person?

ok, today i received another letter asking (advising) of the person i brought the car for. Although i no longer have contact or know where the person lives what do i do, give the last address of the person?

Providing their last known address would seem reasonable.

Although the vehicle was purchased in your name, you sold the vehicle immediately on the date you purchased it. Therefore give the address that was correct at the time that the new owner took possession.