Capital One signature required....!?

Jacky202
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I CCA requested Capital One a while ago. They sent me an unsigned agreement. I decided not to pursue this at the time. Instead it became more a matter of importance to sort out the fact I couldn't afford to pay my minimum monthly repayments. So I wrote to them explaining my circumstances and asking them to accept a £1/mth token payment. Following advice received here I did not actually sign my letter but used a font in Word to write my name.

They replied with the following:

'Thank you for your recent letter. Unfortunately I'm unable to action your request because the signature we hold on file does not match the one on your last letter to us.'

Well, my last letter to them was the CCA request and in that I also used the Word font for a signature! I don't recall ever writing to them previously.

So... could it be that they're trying to get hold of my signature because they *know* they don't have it, and without it there could be a problem with my credit card agreement?

I'm not sure what to do next here, so if anyone can help advise I would be very grateful. I need to send them some kind of response as I'm still unable to meet my monthyl repayments x

you could use signguard to protect your signature http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/digitalsignature.php

Andy

Thanks Andy :) I forgot about that option. I've never used this before. Is it trustworthy in that I'm uploading my signature? Also it says that using this signguard makes it harder for creditors to lift my signature - so not impossible?

How much does the service cost, too, do you know?

I think I read somewhere here that you could put lines through your signature yourself - would this be possible and how?

These questions aren't just directed at you Andy lol ;) Just trying to work out what to do for the best. Thank you so much for the suggestion. Have you used this yourself and with someone you know is trying to get your signature?

Thanks x

Guest Old_andrew2018

Its cost £4.00, you only have an hour once you log in to up-load your signature.

I'm happy with the outcome, and have sent of my first "signguarded", letter.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

hi hope you don't mind me cutting in but i have just used signguard and downloaded my signature....my question is how do i use it now.. do i have to resize it and how do i put on the letter that i have wrote in wordpad ?? just been looking through cag to see if i can find help on this nothing as yet. thx in advance.

Rgrds