style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all and just a quick update on my saga with Equita.

Asked them for a breakdown on all accounts they have ever held on me, got a breakdown of the current account they are chasing me for from an old address. The fees actually look correct upto the point of the second visit but also lists a levy and enforcement fee when i know the bailiff has only ever attended twice to push letters through the door.

So i sent off another letter asking for all the information they held on me a breakdown of fees on all accounts and suggested that a simple screenshot of my account would suffice.

Today i get a letter dated 7th August quoting the usual contents noted etc etc "we believe from your comments you require a subject access request. We will be more than happy to supply this to you, however under the Data Protection Act YOU are required to pay £10. Upon receipt of the required fee the information will be despatched to you within the relevant timescale."

My question is after filling a SAR with them does the forty days start from the letter i sent on the 3rd or the date the SAR is sent.

And why won't they just send details of the screenshot apart from the fact they are useless clowns. the bailiff's haven't called round since the letter writing started or at least i don't think they have starting early and finishing late at the moment. The council will be paid off by the time this is sorted.:D:D

All advice offered is based purely on my own dealings and the help and support i have had from this site.

Copying an of my postings is perfectly fine with me but you may wish to check the spellings.:D

Hi all and just a quick update on my saga with Equita.

Asked them for a breakdown on all accounts they have ever held on me, got a breakdown of the current account they are chasing me for from an old address. The fees actually look correct upto the point of the second visit but also lists a levy and enforcement fee when i know the bailiff has only ever attended twice to push letters through the door.

So i sent off another letter asking for all the information they held on me a breakdown of fees on all accounts and suggested that a simple screenshot of my account would suffice.

Today i get a letter dated 7th August quoting the usual contents noted etc etc "we believe from your comments you require a subject access request. We will be more than happy to supply this to you, however under the Data Protection Act YOU are required to pay £10. Upon receipt of the required fee the information will be despatched to you within the relevant timescale."

My question is after filling a SAR with them does the forty days start from the letter i sent on the 3rd or the date the SAR is sent.

And why won't they just send details of the screenshot apart from the fact they are useless clowns. the bailiff's haven't called round since the letter writing started or at least i don't think they have starting early and finishing late at the moment. The council will be paid off by the time this is sorted.:D:D

In fact the Data Protection Act DOES NOT say that you are required to pay £10 for a Screen Shot !!

What they do say is that if a request is made then the company MUST provide the information. If the company DECIDE that they wish to apply a fee then they can do so but the MAXIMUM charge can ONLY BE £10 !!

A Screen Shot is a VITAL document because it is the COMPUTER RECORD of you ENTIRE account and it will show the following:

Amount of Liability Order

Date received

Details of any telephone calls made to to bailiff co.

Details of messages etc from the local authority

Brief description of your house (colour of door etc)

Name of any bailiff who has visited your home.

Details of whether a person was at home or not.

Details of any "levy" made on goods to include a number plate of vehicle.

Full details of charges put onto your account and by which bailiff.

Returning back to an "enforcement fee".

The purpose of a bailiff visit for the collection of council tax is to "levy" upon goods and the bailiff may charge £24.50 for "attending to levy where no levy was made" and a second such charge of £18.00.

The statutory regulation laid down by Parliament DO NOT provide for an "enforcement fee". They do however provide for an "attending to remove fee".

HOWEVER............

This ATR fee can ONLY be applied FOLLOWING A VALID LEVY UPON GOODS!!!!

This has been made abundantly clear by Justice Simon Brown in the APPEAL COURT CASE of Evans v South Ribble District Council.

EVERY BAILIFF COMPANY KNOWS THIS.