You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

mjw0161

Can caravan sites really do this?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3772 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

We bought a static caravan 2 years ago on a caravan site in Wales that was for sale for £10,000, we offered £6000 and got it.

We have been renting it out this year as times are hard, but we have had so many problems it hasnt been worth the hassle.

Anyway we decided a couple of weeks ago we could no longer afford the £3700 a year that it cost us to keep it there. I rang the site office to enquire how much they would give us for it and was told it was worth nothing. I said i would then try and sell it myself privatley - to be then told no you cant its to old to be left on the site. we was told when buying it, it was a 94 or 95 but have now been told its actually a 1992 which means as it is over 15 years old it cannot be re-sold on. They informed me they could sell it to a trader for a couple of hundred pounds, making us £6000 out of pocket in two years.

At first we accepted this information, but after thinking about it, they had actually sold us a caravan that was already 15 years old, they were allowed to do it, but were not.

So basically the moment we parted with the money we would not ever be able to re-sell it. We were not told this when purchasing the caravan, if we were we would have not parted with a penny.

We feel really ripped off by these people, i rang the site to query this and was told sorry the salesman longer works for the company.

If the site has a policy - that no caravans can be sold that are over 15 years old does this only apply to the caravan owners or should they be sticking to the same policy?

they have said if we keep it and dont re sell it , it can be left on the site but it cant be transfered to anyone else - alternatively if we wanted to buy another one fom them they would give us a very good trade in price.

Does anyone know if there allowed to do this?

We were never given any documents when purchasing we just had to sign a form saying we would pay site fees etc.

Help Anyone - we cant afford to loose that amount of money.

Thanks

Hi mjw0161,

I faced a similar predicament around 7yrs ago on a site in North Wales, i had bought a caravan for £4500 and decided after a couple of years I wanted to sell up, the site would not buy it because of its age and I was told that I could not sell it privately as it had been sold privately once before. My only option was to sell to a dealer who offered me £300......a disgraceful amount and indicative of what happens on daily basis with people being ripped off for thousands of pounds because basically park owners and the dealers are a law unto themselves.

My advice would be to give trading standards a call and the OFT they maybe able to help.

Red Rebel

Come on the mighty reds!!!!!!

Lloyds TSB - Success - 14/7/07

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

Tip my scales if I have been of assistance :D

Thanks Red Rebel, I have just emailed Trading standards to get there advice, hope they can help.

We are going to site at weekend for our 2 weeks hols, so i think i will go in for an explanation face to face rather than over the phone.

its obviously their way off getting van owners to part with even more money and upgrade to a newer one.

Thanks

I hope you get some joy from them as i am pretty sure you would not have purchased the caravan in the first place if you had been made aware of the sites policies on selling on..........I would also ask for a copy of the site rules and regulations and anything you signed.

Good Luck

Red Rebel

Come on the mighty reds!!!!!!

Lloyds TSB - Success - 14/7/07

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

Tip my scales if I have been of assistance :D

Hi mjw0161

I have just found your thread.

Red Rebel has given you some really good advice.

You need a copy of what you signed. This should tell you if a 15 year clause is applicable. Unfortunately site owners can vary the terms and conditions of each licence. so their own vans are exempt.

If such a clause was in your contract (or site licence) They would not let you keep the van on, So I am guessing it does not exist.

Any agreement you reached at the time of purchase with their salesman is legally binding. As a representative of the company he did a deal on their behalf, and they must honour it.

The more publicity you can get for your cause the better. If you could name the site, it might help others. to be wary of them.

I think its time someone did a caravan buyers guide to site operators.

If you relinquished your ownership to them, I bet if you visited the sight next year the home would have been sold to someone else.

Send them a recorded delivery or special delivery letter asking for a copy of their terms and conditions as applied at the time of your purchase. Also as Just-ice says, a copy of what you signed. If you still have your copy, just keep that quiet for now.

If you could name the sight, we can do some searching to see what they have to say about themselves.

Utccr

The UTCCR 1999 replace the 1994 Regulations of the same name. They derive from an EU Directive and apply only to consumer contracts (Reg 4). A term will be regarded as unfair under Reg 5 if:

• It has not been individually negotiated

• It is contrary to the requirement of good faith

• It causes a significant imbalance in the parties' rights and obligations to the detriment of the consumer

• Sch 2 contains an indicative but not exhaustive list of what may be regarded as unfair[/quoate]

Edited by Conniff

To Conniff,

We would apreciate your opinion and comments / advice on the Golden Sands Rhyl.........Late payment thread.

Regards

Just-ice

If they have lied to you about the model year then you can reject the goods outright for breach of contract, assuming you have an agreement which states the make, model and year. If so then ask for a full refund.

If they are members of the bh and hpa then you can appeal to them for help.

To any other caravan buyers, do not ever buy a caravan from a site that does not give you a genuine licence agreement from the bh and hpa or the NCC (national caravan council). If you do then you have virtually no protection.

Sounds like a pretty awful site to me.

mjw0161

http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/caravanownersforum

are looking for people to relate their experiences with site owners. (good or bad).

A fie on this site is worth reading It shows what we are up against,but it also shows what is possible to achieve.

Do not rely on the link above type it in your self with no spaces.

Edited by just-ice

Guest murpheus

Hi Happyowner, just read your post and feel very inclined to issue a word of warning to all.

Licence agreements are not worth the paper they are written on. If you think you have protection under the BH&HPA then think again. These Idiots along with their arbitrators IDRS, are a total waste of time. I have been full circle with my own dispute, waiting years for correspondence.

When I finally received an update, this is what IDRS said. " THE RESPONDENT HAS DECLINED TO TAKE PART IN ANY ARBITRATION "

If the BH&HPA or IDRS advised me of this get out clause, I would not have sailed that route.

They knew all along, but did not have the spine to inform me, preferring to do what Ostriches do.

Something must be done about this, thousands up and down the country are being ripped off and bullied into surrendering possessions Leisure bosses are getting richer and richer through mine and other folks investments

This warning will fall on deaf ears for many. False promises from belly crawling sales teams will continue to deceive, but my mission here is to focus on getting redemption. Banks have been forced to pay back thousands, why not Caravan Parks?

Edited by dx100uk