What do i do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I dont know if im posting this in the correct place so please can a mod move it if it is not.

Im looking for a solution, i have collective debts of around 7k and my understanding was they were only 12 months or so from being statute barred.

I have just been and checked my credit file and the 3 enteries have been removed and replaced with 3 new ones. 2 from the lowell group and 1 from aktiv. The dates have also been changed and i dont understand how they could do this as i have not given any acknowledgement of this debt.

Can they do this? What are my options? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

They are always playing around with those credit file entries, AFAIK. They should still drop off after the 6 years is up in any case.

Hi there and thanks for your speedy response.

They have moved the dates forward though. I.E one was from 2004 and is now 2008. Will these still drop off?

Yes, they should do so automatically. If they don't, then you'll get plenty of advice here on what to do :)

Im so sorry to be a pain, i should of worded my question better.

Will the 6 years still run from 2004 or have they been reset due to the dates being changed on my file.

Will the 6 years still run from 2004 or have they been reset due to the dates being changed on my file.

No, the 6 years will run from 2004 (when they originally were placed on your file) Just because these great lummox's have adjusted the dates to suit themselves will not extend the life of the debt.

If they don't drop off next year, then get your typing skills sharpened, as you will need to make a series of formal complaints, the first being with those lousy credit reference agencies who seem quite happy to listen to one side of the story!!:mad::mad:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

No, the 6 years will run from 2004 (when they originally were placed on your file) Just because these great lummox's have adjusted the dates to suit themselves will not extend the life of the debt.

If they don't drop off next year, then get your typing skills sharpened, as you will need to make a series of formal complaints, the first being with those lousy credit reference agencies who seem quite happy to listen to one side of the story!!:mad::mad:

Thats fantastic news, very gratefull for your advice.

I will have my keyboard at the ready, thanks again.

It will still run from 2004.

you could SAR the credit reference company for all the information they hold on you & this should go back far enough to provide the evidence that the default has been altered.

I think i may well just do that, thanks for your help.