G24 Medowall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have read about the famous G24 and what to do if they send a 'parking charge notice' I have also had correspondance from these fun people except mine is a lil different....

I parked in medowall retail car park (pc world is there along with others.) left the car for 10-12 hours while i travelled into Sheffield on the tram. I did this for 6 days as i was working temporarily in the city. I have done this same trick about 2 years ago and it wasn't a problem.

About 3-5 days later I get not one but 4 letters (and there might be more) saying how i have 'overstayed' my welcome. Each letter, obviously with a different reference number, has a cctv picture of the driver going in and out the car park at the respective times/dates. If someone looked at the picture and looked at me, it would be obivious i am the driver!

So what do you think i should do? I wasn't really aware of the consquences and certainly wasn't aware they would be taking pictures in and out. If i had, i wouldn't of done it in the first place and i definatley wouldnt of done it day after day.

Can the pictures they have (that look like me) be used as proof if i was to play the 'i might be the owner but i am not sure who the driver was' card?

Do i ignore all of the letters?

Should i offer to 'compensate' them on the first parking fine but put together a very polite letter about how i didn't realise else i wouldn't of kept doing it and try n get them to feel almost sorry for me.

Has anyone on ere actually got picutres/evidenece of the poor signage that i really did not read, so i can use that. I would go back myself and look but it is a massive journey from where i live?

What do you lot think? Please please advise?

Pictures irrelevant. This is not the police - they can't take people to court from just a photo. Judge would also not entertain them waiting until court to determine if they'd got the 'right man' - complete abuse of the court process.

Not important anyway. G24 don't do court and the CCTV is purely part of the [problem] to make you think they have a case.

Just ignore everything and forget about it. Don't contact them - these are scamsters running a mail [problem]. Worst thing you can do is send a polite letter - they'll have a good laugh at it and put you on the priority hooked fish pile.

i have been reading the consumer advice and other forums regarding G24 for the past weeks. they have sent us many letters and i am well aware of the debt collection agency they are using being another leg of their 'company' and have disregarded all ridiculous letters which clearly have no legality until now...i have gotten a letter from a law firm in leeds which i believe to be genuine (dwf in leeds)

anyone have any knowledge on this firm in particular? should i continue to ignore?

thanks for any advice in advance

i have been reading the consumer advice and other forums regarding G24 for the past weeks. they have sent us many letters and i am well aware of the debt collection agency they are using being another leg of their 'company' and have disregarded all ridiculous letters which clearly have no legality until now...i have gotten a letter from a law firm in leeds which i believe to be genuine (dwf in leeds)

anyone have any knowledge on this firm in particular? should i continue to ignore?

thanks for any advice in advance

ignore

and start your own thread don't hi-jack

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Being from a legal background there is a bit of blind panic when seeing a letter from a real law firm (as opposed to 'cubicle number 2 at the g24 office') hence my post. as there are already several g24 threads i figured tagging onto another similar one would make more sense;)

now if anyone could give me USEFUL advice concerning the firm DWF when concerning g24 i would be grateful:). i figure i will recieve a couple of further letters threatening legal action and have that be that...the past couple of months of letters have been annoying and psychologically upsetting to my family and i.

then read the word on the letter......

if, maybe, could, might,

and have any of the G24 thread resulted in court action on a PPC...no!

ignore

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

then read the word on the letter......

if, maybe, could, might,

and have any of the G24 thread resulted in court action on a PPC...no!

ignore

dx

i do not believe that my literacy should be under question here. obviously i read the letter rather well i and obviously i understand the 'advice' you have given. however i actually asked if anyone had any personal experience with DWF. since you do not seem to dx please refrain from commenting again as i have found your previous postings asinine, impudent and rather irrelevant to the specific nature of my query

hehe

3 posts and he wants to play.......

come on some one put him out of his mysery.

or p'haps start your own thread......

scan and post up the letter so we can have a good laugh.

if its for parking in a private carpark and does not have the words:

penalty charge notice and the name of the council involved on it

then its another version of the pay me [problem] letter.

i often wonder if working inthe same trade makes legal people more or less intimidated with letter from their clan.

anyhow

this is someone elses thread

lets not hi jack it anymore.

dx

;)

and they

i do not believe that my literacy should be under question here. obviously i read the letter rather well i and obviously i understand the 'advice' you have given.

Perhaps your lack of use of capital letters and strange sentence construction gave this impression.

Are people in the 'legal profession' really that sloppy with the written word.

Edited by electron99

however i actually asked if anyone had any personal experience with DWF. since you do not seem to dx please refrain from commenting again as i have found your previous postings asinine, impudent and rather irrelevant to the specific nature of my query

I have always got the impression that posts from dx100uk are usually helpful and in keeping with the commonly held views of many regular CAGgers.

It would seem Azazel77 has been reading threads from dx that I haven't or has decided this good advise is best not taken. That choice, as ever, is always up to the recipient. :)

creep!

dx

and they

Youthy - I presume the location you mention is actually Meadowhall.

I have just been reading the latest issue of Which? magazine (Sept. 2009).

On page 23 there is mention of parking being free at Meadowhall railway station. I thought you may find this information useful in the event that you visit Sheffield again in the future & thus avoid the hassle involved in risking 'overstaying your welcome' for hours/days at a time at the retail centre car park.

To other posters on this thread - at the risk of also incurring your wrath & displeasure, I must nevertheless state that I consider your responses to Azazel777 a tad harsh & inconsistent. As a newbie, he (or is it she), has come to the forum to seek advice/information with a problem & instead has had an unpleasant & hostile welcoming experience.

Sometimes it's not what you say but the way you say it that can cause offence & provokes a reaction in others.

Youthy - I presume the location you mention is actually Meadowhall.

I have just been reading the latest issue of Which? magazine (Sept. 2009).

On page 23 there is mention of parking being free at Meadowhall railway station. I thought you may find this information useful in the event that you visit Sheffield again in the future & thus avoid the hassle involved in risking 'overstaying your welcome' for hours/days at a time at the retail centre car park.

To other posters on this thread - at the risk of also incurring your wrath & displeasure, I must nevertheless state that I consider your responses to Azazel777 a tad harsh & inconsistent. As a newbie, he (or is it she), has come to the forum to seek advice/information with a problem & instead has had an unpleasant & hostile welcoming experience.

Sometimes it's not what you say but the way you say it that can cause offence & provokes a reaction in others.

thanks strawdog. i appreciate it:) and i am a she;)

i came here seeking information (rather than advice as i have read a substantial amount of information about the g24 fraudsters) and do not appreciate the childish comments about personal issues about my character or my profession.

last post for me...thanks again strawdog. nice to see a shepard amongst the ever so young sheep8-)

thanks strawdog. i appreciate it:) and i am a she;)

i came here seeking information (rather than advice as i have read a substantial amount of information about the g24 fraudsters) and do not appreciate the childish comments about personal issues about my character or my profession.

last post for me...thanks again strawdog. nice to see a shepard amongst the ever so young sheep8-)

You're welcome............................

It would be a pity if your decision to make this your last post has been made solely on the basis of the treatment you have received at the hands of a few.

I'm sure that if you started your own thread on the subject matter, it would be of value & interest not only to the forum in general, but also to current/future victims of G24 in particular, and you may of course receive the information you seek.

Should you reconsider, also scan & post the solicitors letter on your thread (washed of all personal details that would identify you & your case).

Good Luck!

• 7 months later...

Just to let everyone know as a follow up from my original post:

I decided to igonre any letters that G24 sent to me. The last one they sent said about court action and debt collectors. That was well before Xmas.

I haven't heard anything else since that one.

The advice of 'ignore them' seems to have been the right thing to do.

Happy parking afterall and no money for G24!.

I am just thinking about sending them a fine for taking up space in my letter box. I have CCTV photos of the letters and everything!

Youthy