You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

GhostDebt

E-ON Notice to Apply for Warrant of Entry.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3970 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Brief history,

Had a visit from an E-ON representative (Warrant & DCA Performance Manager) today. Nobody home so he left a letter saying the following charges £30 will apply for the visit and basically saying they may make an application for warrant of entry. (Can write up whole letter if it helps)

Basically we had a bill from E-ON dated 04.01.2008 which we paid about April time and then no further bills until 10.01.2009 and then another one 22.03.2009. and now this letter.

They are trying to claim approx £2800 worth of bills, but I have tried to dispute this with them under the billing code and it being unjust to try and demand payment in full when they didn't bill us for ages, but they are obviously paying no attention.

I could do with some help with what to say to the representative and what to write to EON to make them pay attention.

Any suggestions.

Many thanks.

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

warrant & DCS perf man, yea i bet, just a ruddy dca i know,

Masquerading as e-on.

you really need to report them to ofgen [is it]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Not sure who we would report them to, but any ideas how to tell them to go forth until we can get this sorted with E-ON ??

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

What you have had is a PDV (Pre-Disconnection visit) and what he has left is the 'Human Rights Letter' which must be left before they can seek a warrant.

Here is the letter in full to prevent any confusion.

---

Notice of Intent to apply for warrant of entry.

To the occupier .. Date ..

Dear Sir/Madam.

Account Number ..

Outstanding Arrears ...

We act as authorised officers of eon energy limited and your account has been passed to us for collection or disconnection of supply.

We called today at .. to discuss any problems you may have paying?

If we are unable to gain access we will serve notice of our intention to make applications for a warrant of entry (Gas and Electricity) Act 1954, Section 2, from the magistrates court, to enter the premises and disconnect the supply or fit a pre payment meter if it is safe to do so. The warrant gives us authority to enter your premises without your consent and if necessary we may be assisted by the police and or locksmith.

If a payment by cheque (not supported by a guarantee card) has been made or a payment arrangement agreed; which subsequently fail then application will still be made without further notice.

Reconnection will be arranged once the outstanding balance and the warrant costs have been paid. You may be required to pay a security deposit.

EON energy limited will not be held responsible for any loss of earnings or other expenses incurred during the period you are disconnected.

If it is your gas supply that we disconnect you will be responsible for arranging and paying a Gas safe registered engineer to make safe your supply prior to reconnection.

The following charges will apply:

The cost of the visit made today will be £30.00

The successful application of a warrant of entry will incur an additional charge of up to £230 which could increase further if we need to change the locks on your property or enlist the aid of a dog handler.

Please do not ignore this letter even at this late stage we can help.

To stop any further action and make arrangements to pay call eon on 0845 3015874 between 8am and 8pm monday to friday or on a saturday between 8 am and 4pm.

Alternatively please contact our visiting representative within the next 48 hrs who will be pleased to offer advice or discuss this matter further.

[Agent phone number]

Yours faithfully

Warrant and DCA Performance Manager

---

Small text at bottom of letter says:

Authorised and regulated by the financial services authority for the sale and service of general insurance prdoucts.

eon energy limited registered office westwood way, westwood business park, coventry, cv4 8lg

registered in england and wales no 3407430

---

Does this match up with what you said Z.W?

How do we go about getting them to pay attention to a complaint via the billing code??

Many thanks

-

-

-

-

-

That's the one.

Looking at the dates you mention it is just about 12 months between bills, essentially you need to call Eon equipped with the dates and a copy of the Billing Code to quote from, and see what they come back with.

Edited by zazen.warrior
Can't add up.

Hello ZW,

As originally posted bill was 04.01.08, next bill was 10.01.09 which is more than 12 months (just) and they were given meter readings on the 04.09.08 and 10.01.09. So in my opinion billing code does apply but unsure how and to what extent..

Thanks

-

-

-

-

-

Yes, sorry my mental arithmetic went a little askew, call them - and yes in this instance you do need to call them - ask for a manager straight away.

I think what they will say is that it would need to be *more* than 12 months to apply, or possibly only the few days which it went over come under the code.

Edited by zazen.warrior

EON or the Representative? or both and state what?

That the account is disputed under the billing code?

Any guidance you can offer greatly appreciated..

Cheers

-

-

-

-

-

I don't really think you are in a strong position to dispute this under the Billing Code, as this applies to billing for consumption 12 months AFTER the consumption has taken place, strictly speaking this only applies to a week or so going by the dates you have given, the rest has been billed within the 12 months.

OK, thanks for the info. will call eon see what we can sort out.

Thanks

GD

-

-

-

-

-

Hi Ghostdebt,

In this instance, a reduction of only 6 days could be made under the billing code.

Although it is not ideal for no bills to be sent over this period of time, it unfortunately does happen, and in these circumstances, EON are usually happy to spread the debit balance over the 12 months you were unbilled for.

If you call the Payment Solutions team on 0845 301 5866, I'm sure a mutually agreeable arrangement can be made

What you were left was what is known as a Letter of intent. It has to be left, and explaints your options and what will happen. You should have received a few visits from a DCA. If you have not contacted them, or Eon you may next receive a human rights letter, that will tell you of court action to obtain a warrant of entry.

Sort it out either with the DCa or eon before this happens.

Sort it out either with the DCa or eon before this happens.

They are one and the same.

Evening,

Have been discussing it with themon and off and at the moment we are monitoring the usage to see if the consumption is ok.

Will find out more when they call me this week.

The guy came and read the meter, which seemed pointless because I'd already given them readings, so a bit worried about if they have the same powers as bailiffs but I don't think so.

Will update when hear more.

Many thanks

-

-

-

-

-