You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

worried parent

Strange Telephone Call

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3989 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Phone rang this morning and picked it up well would you believe this:

It was a recording that went as follows:

This is a public awareness notice please listen carefully, if you have debts ...... well at that I put the phone down.

Anyone else had such calls, next time going to let it continue to get who ever it is and then report them

We get several of those at work, its a cold calling technique to get you to contact an 0845 no who can help clear your debts with a little known bit of government legislation.... same old drivel as always.

Get these on a regular basis at home. I never phone them back I just ignore them.

They use a dialler system where I work and if you are one of the unfortunate ones who gets the call it is bxxxxy annoying. Got to admit tho ours is a free phone number. We get people phoning up and being very rude to us they don't realise its not us doing it but the so called sales staff. We do if people let us take there number and then pass it on to be taken off the auto dialler. Must admit tho for maybe every 10 that rings to be rude to us 2 of them will end up being a sales win. There's one born every minute.

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

i get these everyday, listened to one all the way throught o find out what the little known legislation was, turned out to be a debt relief order lol

question everything!

The number is withheld also we have no debts, so find these sort of calls not on at all.

You can have your line set up to refuse incoming calls with witheld numbers.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

You can have your line set up to refuse incoming calls with witheld numbers.

and this is a dream, i love it no sales calls and some family members that have withheld numbers that are too dumb to overide it ;)

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I used to have those calls 3/4 times a day everyday for weeks. Also had the ''Have you had an accident in the last 3 yrs'' ones's. Listened to one all the way through to get the number so I could report them unfortunately they say press 9 to be connected to an advicer. They were driving us nuts so bought a Truecall, best thing ever...:D